+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Citizenship (Urgent Processing)

Feb 4, 2023
So I had a job opportunity come up where they needed my citizenship in order to get the position. I was informed about needing it last week. The thing was I lost mine while moving years ago and only had a photo of the front side (front & back was needed) and I was just so worried about not getting the position after finding out that it could take 15 months for a proof of citizenship application to be completed with IRCC. I was then informed by a family member that I’d be eligible for urgent processing due to the fact I’d potentially miss out on a employment opportunity without it. So I applied for a urgent processing with a letter explaining my situation and an email from the employer saying I’d not be able to get the job without it and sent in my application by mail.

During the time of me sending it by Canada Post I searched this sub for as much information about urgent processing as I could and although there was some useful information. In my opinion there wasn’t enough on this topic to satisfy my anxiety and questions that I had with regards to the timeline and what to expect. So now that I finished my process I feel the need to post to help out future seekers of timelines.

So this was for Proof of Canadian Citizenship Urgent Processing

Wednesday January 25th 2023- I sent my application by mail thru Canada Post.

Monday January 30th 2023- Canada Post delivered my application to the Sydney Nova Scotia Processing Centre (I had tracking & You should definitely have tracking)

Wednesday February 1st 2023- IRCC sent me an email that my application was received & AOR.

Friday February 3rd 2023- The status of my application changed from received to in process. Within the same day it changed again from In process to decision made.

Saturday February 4th- I received my proof of citizenship via E-Certificate by Email at 8:30AM.

So with that being said if you’re going to do urgent processing for a valid reason I’d suggest not to worry that much as Immigration Canada actually works really fast in order to complete your application. Within 6 days of them receiving my application they completed it and sent me it. So into it took 5 days of mailing and 6 days of IRCC completing it for a total of 11 days. It might be longer if you request a paper version up to almost 2 weeks just to print and mail it out, but if you applied for a E-certificate definitely expect it within a week or less.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
So I had a job opportunity come up where they needed my citizenship in order to get the position. I was informed about needing it last week. The thing was I lost mine while moving years ago and only had a photo of the front side (front & back was needed) and I was just so worried about not getting the position after finding out that it could take 15 months for a proof of citizenship application to be completed with IRCC. I was then informed by a family member that I’d be eligible for urgent processing due to the fact I’d potentially miss out on a employment opportunity without it. So I applied for a urgent processing with a letter explaining my situation and an email from the employer saying I’d not be able to get the job without it and sent in my application by mail.

During the time of me sending it by Canada Post I searched this sub for as much information about urgent processing as I could and although there was some useful information. In my opinion there wasn’t enough on this topic to satisfy my anxiety and questions that I had with regards to the timeline and what to expect. So now that I finished my process I feel the need to post to help out future seekers of timelines.

Monday January 30th 2023- Canada Post delivered my application to the Sydney Nova Scotia Processing Centre (I had tracking & You should definitely have tracking)

Wednesday February 1st 2023- IRCC sent me an email that my application was received & AOR.

Friday February 3rd 2023- The status of my application changed from received to in process. Within the same day it changed again from In process to decision made.

Saturday February 4th- I received my proof of citizenship via E-Certificate by Email at 8:30AM.

So with that being said if you’re going to do urgent processing for a valid reason I’d suggest not to worry that much as Immigration Canada actually works really fast in order to complete your application. Within 6 days of them receiving my application they completed it and sent me it. So into it took 5 days of mailing and 6 days of IRCC completing it for a total of 11 days. It might be longer if you request a paper version up to almost 2 weeks just to print and mail it out, but if you applied for a E-certificate definitely expect it within a week or less.
Canada started offering the e-certificates, which are valid proofs of Canadian citizenship, on Jan. 4 this year. Each such electronic citizenship certificate has:

• a certificate number which starts with an X;
  • the citizen’s unique client identifier (UCI);
  • their family name and given name;
  • the citizen’s date of birth;
  • the citizen’s gender, and;
  • the effective date of citizenship.
These e-certificates can always be accessed online by signing onto the Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees Canada (IRCC) portal.

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hi friend,

Did you fill out Cit0001 form and sent in mail? Did you file a police report? And which address did you send it too?

Thank you