After Legal name change
Application Sent Dec 18 2019
Application received Dec 20 2019
AOR Mar 3 2020
Update:
Requested for Normal to URGENT on Aug 24, 2020
Decision Made: Sept 1, 2020
also fixed my last name in ECAS
We sent your citizenship certificate on September 2, 2020 to: XXX, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Certificate received Sept 9th, 2020

Reactions: kubrickian

mstamant92

Nov 8, 2020
Hey y'all! Starting this thread up again in case anyone is still in the same boat. Just received confirmation from Canada Post my Citizenship Certificate Application was delivered in NS. I thought it might be useful to post some timelines considering the Pandemic/holiday season's impact on Canada Post delivery times.

Application sent: Nov 23, 2020
Application delivered: Nov 30, 2020
AOR: pending (will update going forward)

Last edited:

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
My application was submitted through Manila Embassy in Nov 2018. It's officially two years today since it was received at Sydney with no movement other than it was received. I dont know what to expect anymore.:(:(:(:(

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2019.
  3. We sent you a letter on March 22, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

mstamant92

Nov 8, 2020
My application was submitted through Manila Embassy in Nov 2018. It's officially two years today since it was received at Sydney with no movement other than it was received. I dont know what to expect anymore.:(:(:(:(

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2019.
  3. We sent you a letter on March 22, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us
I just looked back on this forum to see your experience. I was going to suggest requesting GCMS notes, but seems like you have already done that. I'm sure you're already aware of this but it possibly has gone to Program Support, for which I know there can be multiple year delays without any correspondence. Have you already undergone the DNA test?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
It did go to Program Support. In the past, an application in PSU make take up to 2 years and now with Covid19, not sure how long. In the GCMS notes though, it did say that the Embassy recommended DNA test which i dont understand as upon submitting my application they have carefully scrutinized all the documents ehich proved that my dad is my dad. have not undergone DNA test but i guess the decision will come from the final reviewer if he/she deems that there is a missing link or something.

Last edited:

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
It did go to Program Support. In the past, an application in PSU make take up to 2 years and now with Covid19, not sure how long. In the GCMS notes though, it did say that the Embassy recommended DNA test which i dont understand as upon submitting my application they have carefully scrutinized all the documents ehich proved that my dad is my dad. have not undergone DNA test but i guess the decision will come from the final reviewer if he/she deems that there is a missing link or something.
My Advise request for another GCMS....you will definitely see a more recent note from the officer handling your application or get to know the exact situation....really very frustrating for you so sad one day it will definitely come to an END.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
did you receive the letter that they mailed? And what’s it about?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Im very happy to share with everyone that after two years of waiting. Decision was finally made. I wanna thank @hawk39 for sharing his deep knowledge about the canadian by descent laws. My sincerest gratitude to you.

Citizenship
  3. We started processing your application on December 31, 2020.
  4. We sent you a letter on March 22, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent your citizenship certificate on December 31, 2020 to: C/O The Canadian Embassy , Manila, Philippines, 00001. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Im very happy to share with everyone that after two years of waiting. Decision was finally made. I wanna thank @hawk39 for sharing his deep knowledge about the canadian by descent laws. My sincerest gratitude to you.

Citizenship
  3. We started processing your application on December 31, 2020.
  4. We sent you a letter on March 22, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent your citizenship certificate on December 31, 2020 to: C/O The Canadian Embassy , Manila, Philippines, 00001. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Congratulations!

Reactions: Rullence