+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship Tracking thread?

JoelUk

Jan 8, 2020
It's coming up to 10 months since my application was received (18th Oct) and I had an AOR in January. The processing time online indicates 8-9 months as I applied through NZ embassy, but I am a British citizen. I understand that this time will be longer now. Is it worth filling in the web form? I'm not sure what to write, but I fear it may go to program support.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
It's coming up to 10 months since my application was received (18th Oct) and I had an AOR in January. The processing time online indicates 8-9 months as I applied through NZ embassy, but I am a British citizen. I understand that this time will be longer now. Is it worth filling in the web form? I'm not sure what to write, but I fear it may go to program support.
You can write to your embassy first to find out the status of CPC Sydney, if they are processing applications and from which month currently. The embassy usually has some more useful information, although not specifically related to your application but you will get some ideas where you stand.

I would anyway just write via the web form to inquire, see if they could provide you with any info, from my experience though their answers are always very generic...

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
You can write to your embassy first to find out the status of CPC Sydney, if they are processing applications and from which month currently. The embassy usually has some more useful information, although not specifically related to your application but you will get some ideas where you stand.

I would anyway just write via the web form to inquire, see if they could provide you with any info, from my experience though their answers are always very generic...
also CPC Sydney was closed between Mar-Jun and only started operating again in July. For sure they are huge delays since they have a lot of backlog...

Shannel14

Jun 23, 2014
Anyone in the same timeline?
1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on November 6, 2019.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 31, 2020.

I have emailed them 2 times so far and they have replied basically saying the same thing, this is so frustrating:(

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on November 6, 2019.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 31, 2020.

I have emailed them 2 times so far and they have replied basically saying the same thing, this is so frustrating:(

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

They were closed between March to June, and only reopened in July.

This is my timeline:

Aug 2019 – Application received
Nov 2019 – AOR sent
Mar 2020 – Processing (status was changed to "Decision made")
Aug 2020 – Complete and certificate sent

I'm still waiting for the arrival of the certificate.

I am told they have a lot of backlog to go through now and for sure things are being delayed a lot.

It's really a frustrating situation.

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello guys,
How long does it take for a file to be transferred from a visa office to case processing center in Sydney- Canada?
Thanks

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary

After Legal name change
Application Sent Dec 18 2019
Application received Dec 20 2019
AOR Mar 3 2020

shka_10

Dec 12, 2015
Hello Everyone,
Yesterday I received my Certificate of Citizenship.
My virtual oath took place on August 04th. Application was from scarborough office.

Has anyone living in Toronto applied for the Passport with in-person appointment?

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
You can request GCMS notes as well, to see where the application is

masuibengoshi

Sep 5, 2020
Sorry for a dumb question... I searched through the forums before asking, but just want to be 100% sure I understand.

The current status of my application is "decision made." However, when I look at the specifics, it says:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 26, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 7, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 14, 2020
I am confused - has a decision been made or is the application still being processed? Should I be looking for a decision in the mail or will something else happen first?

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I have the same case and it means a decision has been made, it should mean the application is approved, if you were not contacted for any problem.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
I have the same case and it means a decision has been made, it should mean the application is approved, if you were not contacted for any problem.
After Legal name change
AOR Mar 3 2020
Update:
Requested for Normal to URGENT on Aug 24, 2020
Decision Made: Sept 1, 2020
also fixed my last name in ECAS
We sent your citizenship certificate on September 2, 2020 to: XXX, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
After Legal name change
AOR Mar 3 2020
Update:
Requested for Normal to URGENT on Aug 24, 2020
Decision Made: Sept 1, 2020
also fixed my last name in ECAS
We sent your citizenship certificate on September 2, 2020 to: XXX, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Congrats! Have you received?

Reactions: visaforca