+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship Tracking thread?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Thank you @kubrickian. To those who are still waiting, just be patient. Mine was Application Received for like two years. Then, one day, just turned to complete.

Happy 2021 you guys! Keep the faith.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Im very happy to share with everyone that after two years of waiting. Decision was finally made. I wanna thank @hawk39 for sharing his deep knowledge about the canadian by descent laws. My sincerest gratitude to you.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 31, 2020.
  4. We sent you a letter on March 22, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent your citizenship certificate on December 31, 2020 to: C/O The Canadian Embassy , Manila, Philippines, 00001. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Congratulations :D. Glad everything worked out for you.

Reactions: Rullence

dmatthew

Sep 1, 2023
Hi @Rullence , congratulations on getting your certificate!

@hawk39 - in case you also have any inputs it would be greatly appreciated!

I applied for my son back in Jan 2021 at the Manila Embassy as well and the following is the update from IIRC:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on November 7, 2022.
  4. We sent you a letter on November 7, 2022. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive correspondence within the next three months.
We received an email stating that the application went to the PSU in Feb 2023 but it wasn't reflected in Client Application Status. We also never got actual mail (or an email) asking for additional documentation.

Just wondering how I should react to the decision made statement given no additional info was asked from PSU or any other agency for that matter. :oops:

Last edited:

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Hi @Rullence , congratulations on getting your certificate!

@hawk39 - in case you also have any inputs it would be greatly appreciated!

I applied for my son back in Jan 2021 at the Manila Embassy as well and the following is the update from IIRC:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on November 7, 2022.
  4. We sent you a letter on November 7, 2022. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive correspondence within the next three months.
We received an email stating that the application went to the PSU in Feb 2023 but it wasn't reflected in Client Application Status. We also never got actual mail (or an email) asking for additional documentation.

Just wondering how I should react to the decision made statement given no additional info was asked from PSU or any other agency for that matter. :oops:
If you want to contact them, then your only options are through their webform since you are outside of Canada or ask your MP to inquire on your behalf. If they say that your application is still in the PSU, then you don't have any choice but to wait for their next e-mail. My application sat in the PSU for almost 2 years before I got their e-mail for more information; just keep an eye out for it and respond promptly.

Reactions: dmatthew

dmatthew

Sep 1, 2023
If you want to contact them, then your only options are through their webform since you are outside of Canada or ask your MP to inquire on your behalf. If they say that your application is still in the PSU, then you don't have any choice but to wait for their next e-mail. My application sat in the PSU for almost 2 years before I got their e-mail for more information; just keep an eye out for it and respond promptly.
Thanks @hawk39 ! I am not sure if it's still in PSU anymore because the IIRC Status Update #5 shows that a decision has been made. Just seems strange it was sent to PSU but no additional queries were made.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Thanks @hawk39 ! I am not sure if it's still in PSU anymore because the IIRC Status Update #5 shows that a decision has been made. Just seems strange it was sent to PSU but no additional queries were made.
The update message you posted said a decision has been taken, not made. That could mean a number of things, so try contacting them with the webform, or ask your MP to inquire for you.

Do you know the date of that status update? If it has been more than three months, then definitely try to contact them. It is possible that there has been a breakdown in communication, your file is still in their queue, or their e-mail was routed to your spam folder by your e-mail service. My letter said I had 60 days to respond from the date it was sent, so keep checking every day.

Reactions: dmatthew

dmatthew

Sep 1, 2023
The update message you posted said a decision has been taken, not made. That could mean a number of things, so try contacting them with the webform, or ask your MP to inquire for you.

Do you know the date of that status update? If it has been more than three months, then definitely try to contact them. It is possible that there has been a breakdown in communication, your file is still in their queue, or their e-mail was routed to your spam folder by your e-mail service. My letter said I had 60 days to respond from the date it was sent, so keep checking every day.
The date was around Aug 29-30. On the Client Application Status page where you click the link that shows you the specific updates, it states "Decision Made"

Client Application Status

I'll use the webform or call the embassy in two weeks if no update in order to clarify further. Thanks!

Last edited:

jwang89

Aug 25, 2023
Hi,

I mailed my daughter's application (she was born in the US) via UPS and it was delivered on 08/08/23. I still haven't received AOR yet. I assume this is normal wait time?

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,

I mailed my daughter's application (she was born in the US) via UPS and it was delivered on 08/08/23. I still haven't received AOR yet. I assume this is normal wait time?
Yes, this can be typical. Applications go through a completeness check in the order of the date they are received before the AOR and UCI are given.

jwang89

Aug 25, 2023
Yes, this can be typical. Applications go through a completeness check in the order of the date they are received before the AOR and UCI are given.
Thanks!
Btw how does one get healthcare coverage during the time waiting for AOR? Do we need to buy temporary emergency medical insurance? I’m located in BC and was asked to provide receipt that I have applied for proof.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Thanks!
Btw how does one get healthcare coverage during the time waiting for AOR? Do we need to buy temporary emergency medical insurance? I’m located in BC and was asked to provide receipt that I have applied for proof.
I don't live in Canada so I don't know, but buying private insurance would be a good idea in the meantime. Maybe you can contact them and ask what they can accept; did you make a copy of your application and the UPS receipt? You might want to ask IRCC for urgent processing once you get the AOR as applying for provincial healthcare could be seen as a valid reason.