+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship AOR timeline and delivery method

rikramer

Nov 12, 2020
Hoping someone knowledgeable on this topic may be able to assist. I submitted a Proof of Citizenship application for my minor son. Details are as follows:

Sent from: US
Sent to: Sydney, NS
Date Arrived: August 26, 2020
Today's Date: November 12, 2020

I have yet to receive an AOR. It appears that most people have received the AOR in about 2 months. I am now at 2.5 months. Could someone please help with the following questions:

1) how is the AOR delivered? Is it through the mail or do they send via email to the email address provided in our application?

2) How unusual is it to wait 2.5 months or longer for the AOR?

Thank you!

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
AOR is usually delivered in the e-mail.
Because of COVID, 2.5 months is not unusual; most people on this forum have been waiting for much longer. I received my AOR after 5 months of waiting

rikramer

Nov 12, 2020
Thank you for that information. It's both reassuring that my application hasn't been lost, yet frustrating that it is normal course of business to take that long.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Just bumping this up and including the information that my spouse applied for our daughter's proof of citizenship in Sep 2020 and it is 4/2021 and her application doesn't even have a temporary number yet.

rikramer

Nov 12, 2020
Just bumping this up and including the information that my spouse applied for our daughter's proof of citizenship in Sep 2020 and it is 4/2021 and her application doesn't even have a temporary number yet.
Still no update of any kind for our application received in August 2020. It's a disappointment. What I don't really understand is why the Canada Immigration site continues to show a ~5 month wait time. Yes, I understand this estimate is '5 months from when they send the AOR'....But it seems to be misleading that they don't specify that it could take 12+ months for the AOR to be sent.

cally24

Jun 8, 2021
Delivered Sept 2020 no AOR

If anyone reads this who has in fact received an AOR, it would be a big help to know when your application was delivered!

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Looks like the wait time has been updated to 15 months after a complete application is received. Does this mean 15 months _after_ we receive AOR?