+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of certification for NOC skill type B ?

viscaelbarca

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
Doc's Request.
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
IELTS Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
Im June 23rd applicant for CEC. I got my AOR on 11 August. I didn't get a MR, so I applied for GCMS note.
I get GCMS note:
"Recommend passed review. Proof of certification to be requested." 17/02/2015.

I didn't get any mail for request any additional documents until present. I applied under 7293 NOC - Industrial insulator.
I'm still working with this same insulation company. At the time of sent my application I had a 20 months work experience in Canada as Insulator. Now its over 2,5 year. I'm still holding a valid LMO as Industrial Insulator. According Alberta Trades&Occupation List:
"To work as an insulator in Alberta, a person must:
  • be a registered apprentice, an Alberta-certified journey-person, hold a valid recognized credential , OR
  • work for an employer who is satisfied that the worker has the skills and knowledge expected of a certified journey-person, OR
  • be self-employed
Im not register apprentice, not a certified journey-person, I don't have recognized credentials.
So, Do I need a educational background to be in CEC ? My experience in trade wasn't enough to apply with CEC ?
Any comments, suggest what will be happen with my application ?

stray cat

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
24-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014
Interview........
RPRF: Paid 26-09-2014
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR: 12-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
I had a similar situation as you in my trade (7246 Communications Technician)

Alberta Provincial Nominee Program refused my application because I did not have Canadian certification.

When I applied for CEC, they did not even ask or review my certification. My Alberta trade/occupation listing says exactly the same as yours.

They may review and decide you don't need it.

The thing you could point out in the wording is:

OR work for an employer who is satisfied that the worker has the skills and knowledge expected of a certified journey-person,

Maybe you could get your employer to support you in this by writing a statement to say they are satisfied you have the skills and knowledge?

Did you have previous experience in that trade? Or any previous experience that would support your application? Luckily, I could prove that I had 20 years of experience and my employer was happy with my skills and knowledge

Good luck with it :)

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
I am glad I never got asked for that,I have never heard of a certified Concrete finisher in Scotland,or anywhere else in the world but Canada.
My employer did mention in my letter that I did have plenty of years of experience though which I am guessing helped.

viscaelbarca

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
Doc's Request.
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
IELTS Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
stray cat said:
The thing you could point out in the wording is:
OR work for an employer who is satisfied that the worker has the skills and knowledge expected of a certified journey-person,
Maybe you could get your employer to support you in this by writing a statement to say they are satisfied you have the skills and knowledge?
Did you have previous experience in that trade? Or any previous experience that would support your application?
Should I have to aks my employer for better statement for me to confirm my skills, knowledge and send it immediately to CIC without any request ? Or wait till they ask for something ?

Unfortunately, I don't have previous experience in insulators trades. I started work on one-year Working Holiday Visa with my company, during it, they applied for 2-year LMO as Industrial Insulator.
I thought, that experience is most needed criteria in CEC, and with 20 months work in trade, this way to get a PR is perfect for me...