+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Being a Child.

silly

Feb 12, 2014
Dear All. I have very interesting question and I need you advice.

My Family recently applied for citizenship.I did not apply bcos I am still short of RO.My wife,daughter and son applied togather.The son is still under 18 year and his case along with mother was sent togather. My family received a letter from concerned authority to submit a proof that a boy is her son. It is very interesting but difficult for us bcos in our back country every documentation for children contain only father name.A hospital where my son was born has mentioned my wife name but instead of name of my son mentioned Boy bcos we proposed his name later.
The only scientific way is DNA test . In other country where i stayed for 10 years some of the school documents may contain HIS mother name that is my wife but i don't know whether it will be accepted or not. I need you advice,please.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can't prove it using docs you have in hand then go ahead and do a DNA test.
In Canada my kids got birth certificates (long form) and both parent's names are there.

silly

Feb 12, 2014
Dear HighFive. If kids are born in Canada, then definitly the birth certificates will be bearing both parents names.In my back country only mother name is written in Birth Certificate but Son name is not written as we proposed his name later.Instead of his name a male baby is mentioned.

Only one Document which I submitted to back country government for ID of my Kids contain my wife name,son and daughter names.

Is there any legal undertaking in Canada so that we mention in it that he is our son.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
silly said:
Dear HighFive. If kids are born in Canada, then definitly the birth certificates will be bearing both parents names.In my back country only mother name is written in Birth Certificate but Son name is not written as we proposed his name later.Instead of his name a male baby is mentioned.

Only one Document which I submitted to back country government for ID of my Kids contain my wife name,son and daughter names.

Is there any legal undertaking in Canada so that we mention in it that he is our son.
DNA test

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silly said:

Silly, I reckon only DNA test will help in your case, mate. Nothing else comes to my mind now.

silly

Feb 12, 2014
Thanks All. At the moment as per the letter issued to us by concerned authority we can submit the amended birth certificates from my back country.So I will exercise this option.Regards

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silly said:
Thanks All. At the moment as per the letter issued to us by concerned authority we can submit the amended birth certificates from my back country.So I will exercise this option.Regards
Just to have a backup plan in your pocket, Silly, shop around for DNA test to get a solid idea how long it is going to take to get results and how much it would cost you. Good luck!

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
silly said:
It is very interesting but difficult for us bcos in our back country every documentation for children contain only father name.A hospital where my son was born has mentioned my wife name but instead of name of my son mentioned Boy bcos we proposed his name later.
The hospital records, if they still exist, will bear out that your wife gave birth to a BOY on a date which is also the birthday of your son. So if I were in your shoes, I'd request for the pertinent hospital records (i.e. operation perfomed if ceasarian, discharge papers, official receipts for professional fess of doctors and hospital services, other medical certificates, etc.) and submit these as additional proof that mother & child are what you claim them to be.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silly said:
does any passport contain the name of the parents for your kids? some country passports write the parents name and that can be used as proof as well.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silly said:

Most immigration authorities accept documents previously used for proof of relationship for a secondary/other immigration application. What proof did you use/provide at the PR stage as it seems this was good enough for CIC then and really should be good enough for them this time too.