+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof needed that I will live in Canada with my partner

alinapopa.19

Jan 27, 2018
I am a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada with my partner, and upon the approval of our application we plan to buy tickets and move to Canada, however, we haven't purchased these tickets yet and I am wondering what sort of proof I can provide other than that that I will live in Canada with my partner

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
I asked a similar question before, and here is a great response I got,
Some suggestions I've seen in other threads by Canadians who got approved:

-Depending on the province you're returning to, you might not have health insurance right away, like Ontario. Get in touch with a private insurance company like Blue Cross or whoever, get a quote for the 3 or so months you'll be waiting to get re-enrolled in the health system.
-Provide screenshots of you searching for return flights and rental/house buying. Of course the VO understands you won't be able to buy or rent property until you have PR approved, but showing that you're doing intense research in your desired area is another layer of evidence
-Get your job to email you a detailed list of salary, when you'll start, hours per week etc. That'll strengthen your case
-Get some letters from friends saying they know of your intent to return, you have discussed it with them, it shows you are serious about this. If you have any private message screenshots discussing this to attach with the letters, that would also help
-Are you planning on bringing items other than clothes back to Canada? Stuff like couches, tables, chairs, beds etc? Get in touch with a moving company and get a quote and attach that to your application.
-I've seen others do this. Write a detailed "game plan" of what you and your partner intend to do once PR is approved. Stuff like getting them a SIN, a bank account, a driver's license, helping them get a job, buying a car. Be as detailed and realistic as possible.

Keep in mind, I'm going through this process myself, I haven't been approved at all. This is all just based off things I've seen doing my own research in other threads, and what we intend to put in our application. Otherwise, I think you guys have as strong of a case as other successful applicants I've seen on here and I don't think you'll have any trouble. I hope that helps, good luck!!
So I wrote a letter saying where (very specifically) we would be looking for a place to rent when we got back, the types of jobs we would be applying for, etc. I attached screenshots of places on Craigslist in our price range we would be interested in living in and wrote about how I've saved the money so I can be prepared to book flights as soon as we are approved. I also had my mom in Canada write a letter saying she was looking forward to having us live in Canada and how she would help us out financially if we needed it. I also still have my Canadian bank account so I attached screenshots of the savings I have there. My partner used to live and work in Canada so we got his old work to write him a reference letter showing he was a good employee and would be easily employable again. You're also trying to prove that you will leave your current country so in my letter I wrote about how we intend to sell everything we have here and how my current job is only temporary and not really a long-term commitment. In our letter, we wrote about our plans of having a wedding in Canada and how much we love the lifestyle of Vancouver and want to bring up children in that environment etc. I'm also only on a temporary visa in Australia so I attached a copy of that to say it's going to end and I'll have to leave here anyway. I've also heard of people researching courses or programs they can take in Canada that might further them in their careers and attaching screenshots and letters saying they have intentions of doing some coursework in Canada etc. Basically, I'd say write a good explanation letter and include anything you can think of that shows you are committed to moving.

Reactions: jordo

alinapopa.19

Jan 27, 2018
I asked a similar question before, and here is a great response I got,

So I wrote a letter saying where (very specifically) we would be looking for a place to rent when we got back, the types of jobs we would be applying for, etc. I attached screenshots of places on Craigslist in our price range we would be interested in living in and wrote about how I've saved the money so I can be prepared to book flights as soon as we are approved. I also had my mom in Canada write a letter saying she was looking forward to having us live in Canada and how she would help us out financially if we needed it. I also still have my Canadian bank account so I attached screenshots of the savings I have there. My partner used to live and work in Canada so we got his old work to write him a reference letter showing he was a good employee and would be easily employable again. You're also trying to prove that you will leave your current country so in my letter I wrote about how we intend to sell everything we have here and how my current job is only temporary and not really a long-term commitment. In our letter, we wrote about our plans of having a wedding in Canada and how much we love the lifestyle of Vancouver and want to bring up children in that environment etc. I'm also only on a temporary visa in Australia so I attached a copy of that to say it's going to end and I'll have to leave here anyway. I've also heard of people researching courses or programs they can take in Canada that might further them in their careers and attaching screenshots and letters saying they have intentions of doing some coursework in Canada etc. Basically, I'd say write a good explanation letter and include anything you can think of that shows you are committed to moving.
Great, thanks for your input!