+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Promotion within same company

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hello guys,
Hope you all are doing well.
I have a question regarding promotion in the same company with same NOC.
I have been working in canada as a full time in NOC-4212 since September 2017. Now I got job offer for Senior position within same company and It will start from August. So I just wonder that Would it be continuous 1 year work experience in September 2018 as the Noc code is same and duties are almost simmiler. My pay will increase as I got senior position.
I know it would consider as continious work experience as NOC code is same but just want to conform.
Thanks in advance

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello guys,
Hope you all are doing well.
I have a question regarding promotion in the same company with same NOC.
I have been working in canada as a full time in NOC-4212 since September 2017. Now I got job offer for Senior position within same company and It will start from August. So I just wonder that Would it be continuous 1 year work experience in September 2018 as the Noc code is same and duties are almost simmiler. My pay will increase as I got senior position.
I know it would consider as continious work experience as NOC code is same but just want to conform.
Thanks in advance
Vivek, congrats on the promotion first of all...

For CEC you are not required to show continuous work experience :). It has to be minimum 12 months/1 year experience(in the last three years) but it does not need to be continuous. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

With that being said... Now the important question, when are you treating us for your promotion :D