+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Project management officer jobs in IT

Nithin vk

Jul 7, 2018
Hi , Am Nithin from India. My plan is to migrate to canada within a year. Am working as a Sr. Project Management officer (PMO) in IT currently with 8 years of experience. I wanted to what is the scope of this profile In Canada and what would be the min. pay scale in Canada.
As I checked I fall under highly skilled profile.

Can any one who know about this profile help me??

Last edited:

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I am a PM with overall exp of 14 years and 9 years in to Project Management. I came here in Mar-2018 and have not secured a job yet. It is very difficult to land a job in management here since they are asking for canadian exp in the domain you manage projects. My domain is completely into banking and I stay in Toronto which is canadas banking hub.

Reactions: rad_mak

Nithin vk

Jul 7, 2018
I am a PM with overall exp of 14 years and 9 years in to Project Management. I came here in Mar-2018 and have not secured a job yet. It is very difficult to land a job in management here since they are asking for canadian exp in the domain you manage projects. My domain is completely into banking and I stay in Toronto which is canadas banking hub.
oh ok, So it is better to get the offer letter from here and then migrate. isn't it?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
oh ok, So it is better to get the offer letter from here and then migrate. isn't it?
That would be the ideal scenario but unfortunately it is almost impossible to get an employer to offer a position to anyone outside Canada so it is immgrate first then find a job which can take some time as per the previous poster. Often people just move into jobs in a completely different area until something eventually comes up, immigration is a life changing risk.

Reactions: rad_mak

anmolbedi

Aug 9, 2017
Any further update? Did you manage to secure job?

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I have not got a job yet. Getting many calls though..
I am an IT professional doing learning and development coordination and content writing. Is it difficult to get any job or its difficult to get a relevant job?

I know everybody asks for canadian experience, but then dont people settle for ANY kind of jobs initially for say 6 months? Is it difficult to get any job?