Hello everyone,

I work in healthcare. My job description is:
• Development of a project charter/project plan
• Manages all activities of the project in accordance to the project charter
• Ensures an appropriate level of documentation is developed and maintained
• Escalates project issues when appropriate
• Serves as liaison to project stakeholders
• Responsible for ensuring that the Project Team completes the project
• Develops the Project Work Plan with the team and manages the team's performance of project tasks
• Secures acceptance and approval of deliverables
• Ensures appropriate and timely project communication, including status reporting, risk management, escalation of issues that cannot be resolved in the team
• Ensures the project is delivered within budget, on schedule, and within scope

Could anyone tell me if this job falls in NOC 311 Healthcare Manager or NOC 221 Clinical project manager in Architecture or Science Manager?

Main duties of 311: Main duties

Managers in health care perform some or all of the following duties:
Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services within a department of a health care institution, or in other settings where health care services are provided
Consult with boards of directors and senior managers to maintain and establish standards for the provision of health care services
Develop evaluation systems to monitor the quality of health care given to patients
Monitor the use of diagnostic services, in-patient beds and facilities to ensure effective use of resources
Develop and implement plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in their department or establishment
Plan and control departmental or establishment budget
Represent the department or establishment at meetings with government officials, the public, the media and other organizations
Supervise health care supervisors and professionals
Recruit health care staff of the department or establishment.

Main duties of 212--Example title is Clinical Project Manager which is similiar to my role
Architecture and science managers perform some or all of the following duties:
Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific research and development laboratory or quality control department, service or firm
Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the architectural, scientific and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the theoretical or applied scientific work of the department
May consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals or present architectural or scientific research reports and findings.

Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
First - NOCs are always 4 digits, include the leading "0"

Second - from your job description, there's nothing in there that says "clinical' or even health care. It could be a construction project or IT project or... it's so generic that the VO might have difficulty matching it to an NOC.

In fact, the way it is written, it sounds more like NOC 1221.

My first suggestion would be to see if you can revise your job description to include a bit more health care/clinical context, so that the VO understands what kind of project(s) you manage. Sometimes you'll have a better "feel" for the right NOC, and the task is just to improve the job description.

To "elevate" to a Level O position, there is an expectation that managers manage people - I don't see any duties related to hiring/firing, training, or supervising staff. This level includes Directors and Assistant directors.

Another question to ask yourself - to whom do you report? What is your supervisor's NOC? then go down a level...

Also take a look at NOC 4165 -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4165

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

Thanks so much for your response. I report to director of clinical operations. I understand, my job responsibilities don't contain anything clinical. However, my complete job description has a paragraph that contains a description of my project which is completely clinical.

We are a project based organization where our team comprise of clinicians who are contributing some of their FTEs to the project inaddition to their main role and were not actually hired for this project.

I feel like incorrect NOC might ruin my application. Technically, I am a project manager and my job title is IHI project lead where IHI is institute for healthcare improvement.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Hi,

Thanks so much for your response. I report to director of clinical operations. I understand, my job responsibilities don't contain anything clinical. However, my complete job description has a paragraph that contains a description of my project which is completely clinical.

We are a project based organization where our team comprise of clinicians who are contributing some of their FTEs to the project inaddition to their main role and were not actually hired for this project.

I feel like incorrect NOC might ruin my application. Technically, I am a project manager and my job title is IHI project lead where IHI is institute for healthcare improvement.
Hey, I am on the same boat, I manager projects related to Health care. Have you found your NOC? thanks