+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Programme pilote gardienne d’enfant quebec

Kaynay29

Jun 27, 2023
Hello all,
My husband and I are looking to hire an in home care giver to help us with our 2 kids. 4 years and 1 year old. He’s an engineer and I’m a just graduating doctor.
We are at moments in our life’s and career that it gets really challenging to care for our kids to the level we would like without being chronically exhausted.
we live in Quebec.
I have been doing research on the immigration website for the pilot program but the process is not clear to me. We want to make my husband niece come be our in home care giver.
And I got even more confused when I came to read on this forum.
This is the process I understood:
Get the company created and all that, post an add on guichet emploi and on two other platforms for 3 months. Then apply for an EIMT/LMIA. If it gets accepted, we give the job offer and a contract to my husband’s niece and she can apply for a work permit. and she will be able to come work for us. The LMIA processing time is about 1-2 months?
After 2 years of working then she will be able to apply for the residency.
Is this accurate for the Quebec procedure?
I see in this forum that the program is closed and will only re open January 2024. So i can get eveything ready (LMIA done) and when the niece waits till January 2024 to apply for the work permit?
Also, I see people saying that it takes forever for the procedure 33 months? What takes this longs? Waiting to be able to apply for residency? Or for the work permit?
Thanks a lot for your insight

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,
My husband and I are looking to hire an in home care giver to help us with our 2 kids. 4 years and 1 year old. He’s an engineer and I’m a just graduating doctor.
We are at moments in our life’s and career that it gets really challenging to care for our kids to the level we would like without being chronically exhausted.
we live in Quebec.
I have been doing research on the immigration website for the pilot program but the process is not clear to me. We want to make my husband niece come be our in home care giver.
And I got even more confused when I came to read on this forum.
This is the process I understood:
Get the company created and all that, post an add on guichet emploi and on two other platforms for 3 months. Then apply for an EIMT/LMIA. If it gets accepted, we give the job offer and a contract to my husband’s niece and she can apply for a work permit. and she will be able to come work for us. The LMIA processing time is about 1-2 months?
After 2 years of working then she will be able to apply for the residency.
Is this accurate for the Quebec procedure?
I see in this forum that the program is closed and will only re open January 2024. So i can get eveything ready (LMIA done) and when the niece waits till January 2024 to apply for the work permit?
Also, I see people saying that it takes forever for the procedure 33 months? What takes this longs? Waiting to be able to apply for residency? Or for the work permit?
Thanks a lot for your insight
You need to go through the Temporary Foreign Worker program. The below site might help to clarify:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-permanent-foreign/comparison-in-home-caregiver.html

Since you are located in Quebec, you cannot go through the Home Child Care Provider pilot.

So you would follow this process to apply for a temporary work permit: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver.html

Kaynay29

Jun 27, 2023
Yeah I know. I read them both before.
But my question still stands.
Even if I go through that procedure of hiring a foreign employer, is the procedure I have mapped out still the same?
I asked the original question having read informations on the website of the government.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah I know. I read them both before.
But my question still stands.
Even if I go through that procedure of hiring a foreign employer, is the procedure I have mapped out still the same?
I asked the original question having read informations on the website of the government.
I wouldn't say the process you have mapped out is completely accurate. Some parts are (such as the LMIA) but others aren't. If you look at the first link again, you will see that she cannot apply through the pilot progam since she will be working in Quebec. The pilot programs are not open to those with jobs in Quebec. So anything around that program including the fact the programs are closed until next year doesn't apply to her situation.

You must follow the process in the second link and apply for a temporary work permit. This would be the first step.

For permanent residency, she must apply through the Quebec programs which have their own rules (she doesn't qualify for the federal programs, like the pilot programs, since she is working in Quebec). I'll be honest and say I'm not sure exactly which Quebec program she would apply through wait for others to comment on this. There's a good chance she will need to know French to get through the process.