+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Program suspended for Nov 2021 while visa application is in process

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hello All,

Last night I received an email from the college that Business Analytics program is suspended for Nov 2021. They have given three options - defer to Jan 2021, changing an alternative program or apply for refund.
I have applied for visa on 16th Sep, upfront medical done on 24th Aug, Biometrics completed/updated on 28th Sep and eligibility review is still waiting to start.

Here are my questions -

1. If I choose any of the alternative program they gave me do I need to re-write the SOP and submit again? Also inform the IRCC about the change in program?

2. Second option is to defer. In the email it is written that I need to withdraw the existing offer and then apply for defer so will there be 100% chances that I will get a seat for Jan 2021? Also once I receive defer offer letter I need to inform IRCC and upload the same?

3. Final option is refund which I am not interested in.

So, which of the option would be best and much easier? Will changing things affect my visa outcome?

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Sad to hear that, 2nd option is best option so far, but I did not understand one thing that why college is saying that you have to withdraw current admission and then again apply for defer?? Can you share your college name?

I also deferred my program. I just simply wrote email to college that I wont be able to get study visa for fall intake. I asked to defer my program and they provided me new Update LOA for winter intake.

Yes, you have to inform IRCC when you will get new updated LOA. You can submit through web from with letter of explanation.

If you choose first option, They you have to select different course where IRCC may question you that how your interest of study filed changed suddenly. I assume that you already gave them your study and future plan based on selected program. First option can make troubles or hard to explain things.

First of all, Just confirm defer process from college and ask for available seats for coming intake.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Sad to hear that, 2nd option is best option so far, but I did not understand one thing that why college is saying that you have to withdraw current admission and then again apply for defer?? Can you share your college name?

I also deferred my program. I just simply wrote email to college that I wont be able to get study visa for fall intake. I asked to defer my program and they provided me new Update LOA for winter intake.

Yes, you have to inform IRCC when you will get new updated LOA. You can submit through web from with letter of explanation.

If you choose first option, They you have to select different course where IRCC may question you that how your interest of study filed changed suddenly. I assume that you already gave them your study and future plan based on selected program. First option can make troubles or hard to explain things.

First of all, Just confirm defer process from college and ask for available seats for coming intake.
Mine is Cambrian College.

I guess I will stuck with second option as first option may lead to change things and invite complications as well as troubles.

Yes, I will get the availability of seats confirmed with the college representatives first for sure.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Mine is Cambrian College.

I guess I will stuck with second option as first option may lead to change things and invite complications as well as troubles.

Yes, I will get the availability of seats confirmed with the college representatives first for sure.
I assume that the program is suspended because there was not enough students for this particular intake. If, You ask for defer ASAP, You will surely get your seat in coming intake. But, to be safe, talk to college and then take decision.

Reactions: Jagjit2019

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
I assume that the program is suspended because there was not enough students for this particular intake. If, You ask for defer ASAP, You will surely get your seat in coming intake. But, to be safe, talk to college and then take decision.
Yeah sure

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
I just spoke to the consultant and she said that it will be for March 2022.
She just checked in the OCAS portal and saw that new applications are opened for March 2022.

If the new applications are opened for March 2022 then does that mean deferment is closed for January 2022?

Is it mandatory that deferment is to be applied only via OCAS or it can be done straight away by emailing to college ?

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
I just spoke to the consultant and she said that it will be for March 2022.
She just checked in the OCAS portal and saw that new applications are opened for March 2022.

If the new applications are opened for March 2022 then does that mean deferment is closed for January 2022?

Is it mandatory that deferment is to be applied only via OCAS or it can be done straight away by emailing to college ?
First of all, I checked your college website and course. It says that next available intake is Jan 2022 then September 2022. I don't see any March 2022 Intake.

I deal with my college directly, So I don't know much about OCAS. The defer process is very simple. You just have to leave single email to college and if seat is available then you will get updated LOA.

In this situation, I will suggest you that you call your college directly and personally. Explain them your situation, Submit IRCC PDF to show them that your application is in process and you need LOA on priority basis. Don't leave things on agent. Lets see what college suggests..

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
First of all, I checked your college website and course. It says that next available intake is Jan 2022 then September 2022. I don't see any March 2022 Intake.

I deal with my college directly, So I don't know much about OCAS. The defer process is very simple. You just have to leave single email to college and if seat is available then you will get updated LOA.

In this situation, I will suggest you that you call your college directly and personally. Explain them your situation, Submit IRCC PDF to show them that your application is in process and you need LOA on priority basis. Don't leave things on agent. Lets see what college suggests..
Yeah sure, I had already planned to call the college for deferment on Monday.

Moreover, my agent told me that she is already in discussion with the representative of India region and will let me know.

And yes she had sent me the screenshot of the OCAS portal which shows that new applications are open for March 2022.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
I agree, 2nd option is best and dealing with the college directly. Good luck my friend. I guess these colleges also want to mess with us....

Reactions: Jagjit2019

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hi,

I cannot defer my program as there is no availability in OCAS. My consultant tried to withdraw my offer and then select defer but there is no Jan 2022, so I have to go for March 2022.

So, as per the discussion they suggested to change the program to International Business Management for Nov intake itself. They would update the new LOA and the letter of intent to the IRCC in my application.

I hope that works, because there is no option for Jan intake in my current program.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hi,

I cannot defer my program as there is no availability in OCAS. My consultant tried to withdraw my offer and then select defer but there is no Jan 2022, so I have to go for March 2022.

So, as per the discussion they suggested to change the program to International Business Management for Nov intake itself. They would update the new LOA and the letter of intent to the IRCC in my application.

I hope that works, because there is no option for Jan intake in my current program.
November is cutting too close, but give it a try.
Why March does not work for you?
Good luck with what ever you decide.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Yes bro March will be too late as I have availed a educational loan so there is no point of paying interest till the program starts i.e. March.

Moreover, Business Analytics has a history of program suspension for 2-3 times now as told by my consultant so again it will be risky waiting till March and program suspends again. As the registrations for IBM has been started so its pretty sure that I can start the classes at least.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Yes bro March will be too late as I have availed a educational loan so there is no point of paying interest till the program starts i.e. March.

Moreover, Business Analytics has a history of program suspension for 2-3 times now as told by my consultant so again it will be risky waiting till March and program suspends again. As the registrations for IBM has been started so its pretty sure that I can start the classes at least.
Ok, got it.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
I am in big confusion and stress now.
My agent is like having freaking mind. As per our discussion they were supposed to apply alternative program for Nov intake itself but they applied for Jan 2022.

This pissed me off today. They said while applying the alternative program there was no nov intake option then I said why did you apply for Jan 2022 then? Why don’t you talk to college authorities and get it done?
If I would be facing such problem in OCAS then I would have spoken to college and got my program changed but you being the agent why are you not doing the needful ?

I told them you should have contact numbers of the college representatives and spoken to them directly. They said we have and we will do that.

Now they have emailed first for changing the program. They should have done this from Monday itself without wasting such four valuable days till today.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
I am in big confusion and stress now.
My agent is like having freaking mind. As per our discussion they were supposed to apply alternative program for Nov intake itself but they applied for Jan 2022.

This pissed me off today. They said while applying the alternative program there was no nov intake option then I said why did you apply for Jan 2022 then? Why don’t you talk to college authorities and get it done?
If I would be facing such problem in OCAS then I would have spoken to college and got my program changed but you being the agent why are you not doing the needful ?

I told them you should have contact numbers of the college representatives and spoken to them directly. They said we have and we will do that.

Now they have emailed first for changing the program. They should have done this from Monday itself without wasting such four valuable days till today.
Thats why, I always suggests that dont leave everything on agents. At least, Deal with college directly and rest leave on agent. I still recommend you that you call college directly and ask about your application. Ask them what's going on my application. Jan Intake is also ok As November is too close and college might not provide LOA for November intake. Dont worry and things will work out.

Reactions: yesWeCanada