+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile shows ineligible immediately after submission

Feb 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am receiving ineligible mail from Immigration immediately after submission. It mentions following 6 points for possible reasons of rejection.

- not having a valid language test,
- language test results that are more than two years old,
- a language test score that is too low,
- not having enough relevant work experience,
- not having the required education level,
- not having enough funds.

Though we have:
1. valid language test - IELTS score S-8.5, R-8.5, L -9, W- 7.5
2. Exam was given in December 2017
3. Score is considered among the best (as mentioned above)
4. work experience is 8 years outside Canada as a Software engineer and Technical project manager.
5. Education is approved by WES (Dual degree) 4 years. I have a Bachelors of engineering and a Bachelor of computer science. The WES assessment was done on May 31 2017.
6. Funds we are bringing in are more than 70,000 Canadian dollars

In addition I am 32 and my wife is 27 years old. Both of us are from India but currently residing in Australia.

Note: I have received invitation two times earlier when I was single but I did not submit the application and let them expire. Recently I got married and applying with my wife.

Any help/suggestion/advice is greatly appreciated.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am receiving ineligible mail from Immigration immediately after submission. It mentions following 6 points for possible reasons of rejection.

- not having a valid language test,
- language test results that are more than two years old,
- a language test score that is too low,
- not having enough relevant work experience,
- not having the required education level,
- not having enough funds.

Though we have:
1. valid language test - IELTS score S-8.5, R-8.5, L -9, W- 7.5
2. Exam was given in December 2017
3. Score is considered among the best (as mentioned above)
4. work experience is 8 years outside Canada as a Software engineer and Technical project manager.
5. Education is approved by WES (Dual degree) 4 years. I have a Bachelors of engineering and a Bachelor of computer science. The WES assessment was done on May 31 2017.
6. Funds we are bringing in are more than 70,000 Canadian dollars

In addition I am 32 and my wife is 27 years old. Both of us are from India but currently residing in Australia.

Note: I have received invitation two times earlier when I was single but I did not submit the application and let them expire. Recently I got married and applying with my wife.

Any help/suggestion/advice is greatly appreciated.
Check work hours per week.
Check primary NOC which should be at least 1 year

Feb 12, 2019
Check work hours per week.
Check primary NOC which should be at least 1 year
We mentioned:
1. 40 hours per week
2. NOC - we mentioned "None" of the above as part of the trade list because my qualification/work are not part of trade but come under Software engineer(2173) or Engineering managers(0211) in NOC list.

Last edited:

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
We mentioned:
1. 40 hours per week
2. NOC - we mentioned "None" of the above as part of the trade list because my qualification/work are not part of trade but come under Software engineer(2173) or Engineering managers(0211) in NOC list.
You need to select a primary NOC, and your experience in that particular NOC must be at least one year.

Break down your score in Six selection factors. This must be 67 points-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html