+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile not eligible after declining ITA

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hi all,

I got my ITA in Jan. Since I'm not ready with the medicals I decided to decline the invitation. I was told that my profile will be back in the pool and I may get another ITA based on CRS. My CRS is 463, BTW. As soon as I declined my ITA, my application status shows 'not eligible' for express entry, I'm not sure how that is possible as I'm pretty sure I'm eligible. Could someone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Apr 10, 2017
Did you check the date when your profile was created?
It could be not eligible because of being expired (1 year after the profile was created) or your IELTS test results are no longer valid.

Good luck!

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
pooja2sbk@yahoo.co.in said:
Did you check the date when your profile was created?
It could be not eligible because of being expired (1 year after the profile was created) or your IELTS test results are no longer valid.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply.

That's not the case because it was created last year June and my IELTS are valid for another year easily. I'm not even sure how to create a new application or even if I should do that since the original application was created by my agent with whom I broke ties.

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Also, strangely, I'm not able to see my IELTS score or my WES score on my application page. Don't really know what's going on.

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Here's the message I received,

Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express

To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker

Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the
information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these
programs at the moment.
Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.

If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Do you think your agent could have fluffed information to make you eligible? Could it be a technical issue on the CIC website? Have you entered the funds you will bring in correctly? The minimum funds required had changed around the end of Jan.

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Thanks XpressEntry. I suspect the latter. Anyway, I just initiated a new application and after entering my IELTS, age and experience, it say I'm eligible and that I can proceed with my application. I'm doing that now, I have the refill the whole darn thing now. It took me days the last time. Sigh.

madeehagafoor

Jul 31, 2017
When you created a new profile , did it ask for " have you applied for express entry before " ?

what did you answer ? Do we need put the previous express entry number ? or say no because we just got ITA and did not apply for PR