+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile Expired. Questions about the next steps.

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020
My profile expired a week before expiry date due to a technical glitch on their end and they would not accept it. Now, the only option is to apply again but I had a few questions.

1) Is my profile rejected if it's expired? Because I remember while filling the profile that they do ask if my PR request was rejected in the past. So, what should I pick?
2) Can I reuse the expired profile or will I have to recreate the whole profile again?
3) Is there anything else I should know that I should be aware of while creating a profile in such a scenario?

Thanks. That'd be all.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

My profile expired a week before expiry date due to a technical glitch on their end and they would not accept it. Now, the only option is to apply again but I had a few questions.

1) Is my profile rejected if it's expired? Because I remember while filling the profile that they do ask if my PR request was rejected in the past. So, what should I pick?
2) Can I reuse the expired profile or will I have to recreate the whole profile again?
3) Is there anything else I should know that I should be aware of while creating a profile in such a scenario?

Thanks. That'd be all.
1. No, a rejected/ITA is not a refusal.
2. Probably have to recreate
3. That your IELTs is still valid.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

Thanks. That'd be all.
It is pretty clear you really don't know how things work.

Your profile is valid for a year since you created it, if it expired it means the year has passed, even if a week earlier, who cares?

You clearly haven't had a high enough CRS score to get an ITA so just submit it again and go back to the pool.

Having had a profile that expired is not a previous refusal. You should have received an ITA, submitted a complete application and then be rejected to answer yes to this.