+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile deemed ineligible after receiving ITA

Robbomat

Mar 9, 2016
Hello All,

URGENT HELP/ADVISE REQUIRED!!!

We have a peculiar situation at hand and is really frustrating at the moment as we have no idea how to proceed with this.

My wife and I had applied for PR under FSW through the express entry system in August 2015. We had secured a total score of 458 and also received an ITA in January 2016.
We had 60 days to submit our documents and make the payment and our last date of submission is March 13, 2016.
However, on March 4th, 2016, we received an email from CIC/the govt stating that my profile is ineligible and I need to improve my profile in order to qualify for another application.
This is strange given that we intended to upload our documents on the 3rd of March, 2016, however, the website was down for maintenance or technical issues.

Has this happened to anyone else?? How do we deal with this??
Since they do not accept calls, emails or correspondences of any form, there is no way to deal with this as far as I know.

We have invested a lot of time, energy and money on acquiring all the necessary documents and WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME GUIDANCE AND HELP FROM SOMEONE!!!

Whoever is reading this, please respond if you know a way around this.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ariel_D

Nov 13, 2015
You said that you received the ITA in January 2016, and your CRS score is 458.
In the draw on January 13, 2016, the lowest ranked CRS score is 453; in the draw on January 27, 2016, the lowest ranked CRS score is 457.
In you case, your CRS score is just a little bit above the lowest CRS score. One scenario that I can think of is your birthday is around the time while you are preparing documents for PR application. Then, your CRS score decreased and below the lowest CRS score in your draw. Therefore, your profile is deemed as ineligible.
You've better check your CRS score for now to find out.
Hope this will help.

Robbomat

Mar 9, 2016
Ariel_D said:
You said that you received the ITA in January 2016, and your CRS score is 458.
In the draw on January 13, 2016, the lowest ranked CRS score is 453; in the draw on January 27, 2016, the lowest ranked CRS score is 457.
In you case, your CRS score is just a little bit above the lowest CRS score. One scenario that I can think of is your birthday is around the time while you are preparing documents for PR application. Then, your CRS score decreased and below the lowest CRS score in your draw. Therefore, your profile is deemed as ineligible.
You've better check your CRS score for now to find out.
Hope this will help.
Hi,

The score as I checked it has currently gone up 2 points. So now the score is 460.

So I am not sure if it is the score that affected my profile. It wasn't my bday either as it was in Nov.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Robbomat said:
Hello All,

URGENT HELP/ADVISE REQUIRED!!!

We have a peculiar situation at hand and is really frustrating at the moment as we have no idea how to proceed with this.

My wife and I had applied for PR under FSW through the express entry system in August 2015. We had secured a total score of 458 and also received an ITA in January 2016.
We had 60 days to submit our documents and make the payment and our last date of submission is March 13, 2016.
However, on March 4th, 2016, we received an email from CIC/the govt stating that my profile is ineligible and I need to improve my profile in order to qualify for another application.
This is strange given that we intended to upload our documents on the 3rd of March, 2016, however, the website was down for maintenance or technical issues.

Has this happened to anyone else?? How do we deal with this??
Since they do not accept calls, emails or correspondences of any form, there is no way to deal with this as far as I know.

We have invested a lot of time, energy and money on acquiring all the necessary documents and WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME GUIDANCE AND HELP FROM SOMEONE!!!

Whoever is reading this, please respond if you know a way around this.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I'm guessing the email you received was in relation to the available funds that you have? They recently increased the requirements.

Increase the amount that you have available in your application (the ITA, don't worry about your EE profile) and carry on. As long as you have those funds of course.

Robbomat

Mar 9, 2016
ozlis said:
I'm guessing the email you received was in relation to the available funds that you have? They recently increased the requirements.

Increase the amount that you have available in your application (the ITA, don't worry about your EE profile) and carry on. As long as you have those funds of course.
We have shown about CAD $16000 in our account.

For the oddest reasons, post the ineligibiltuy email, my EE profile does not allow me to make any changes. Almost all the statuses on the profile either says not met or blank.

I don't know what to take out of this!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you still able to access and work on your ITA? Make sure that the funds there cover the current requirements - that is what they will use once you submit, not your EE profile.

Robbomat

Mar 9, 2016
ozlis said:
Are you still able to access and work on your ITA? Make sure that the funds there cover the current requirements - that is what they will use once you submit, not your EE profile.
I am unable to make ANY changes not does it give me the option to upload any files.

I can access my ITA but i am not sure what you mean when you said work on my ITA!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, I'm confused now. I'm not sure if they just made your EE profile ineligible or if they also cancelled your ITA (once you have an invite, they appear in your MyCIC as two separate entries).

When you log in, can you continue your PR application (yellow button 'continue your application')? If so, ensure that the funds in this section are above the current requirements, upload your documents and submit.

Robbomat

Mar 9, 2016
ozlis said:
Ok, I'm confused now. I'm not sure if they just made your EE profile ineligible or if they also cancelled your ITA (once you have an invite, they appear in your MyCIC as two separate entries).

When you log in, can you continue your PR application (yellow button 'continue your application')? If so, ensure that the funds in this section are above the current requirements, upload your documents and submit.
Hi,

The Yellow tab is not available anymore. It only says 'ineligible'. When I click on that, most of the options says either 'not met' or is just blank.

Not sure of what take of this.

kojare123

Nov 17, 2014
I would suggest to report a technical issue thru your MyCIC account. Explain to them the whole story and attach a screenshot on the errors you noted.. :)

Robbomat

Mar 9, 2016
Hi All,

I appreciate all the responses and guidances given by the folks on this forum.

Looks like there is no other way but to create a new profile and wait for the next round of invitation.

My current score is 460 and as luck may would have it, the current round requires 473.

I have been reading about provincial nominations. I was initially looking to go to Ontario.

Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I can or should apply for nomination from Ontario??

Please advise.

Thanks

aayushri

Dec 29, 2015
Dubai
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-11-2017
Robbomat said:
Hi,

The score as I checked it has currently gone up 2 points. So now the score is 460.

So I am not sure if it is the score that affected my profile. It wasn't my bday either as it was in Nov.
Sorry for digressing but how did your score go UP suddenly :eek: