+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professional Engineers Query

ahmadyounes

Jul 11, 2015
Hello,

I submitted an application for Canadian immigration, and like others I am waiting for a nomination from any province.
In my profession I have selected Electrical Engineer (NOC 2133), and engineering professions are regulated all over canada.

My question is:
Do I need to apply for PE before landing in Canada ? Do the provinces require proof of PE to accept my application ?

Regards.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Dear Concern,

Your question is not clear to me. Did you apply for provincial nomination or PR application (eAPR) to CIC. If you had applied for provincial nomination, you need to have a license if your NOC is regulated while your application is in process. If you submitted an eAPR application to CIC then probably, license is not required to upload.

In both cases, while in abroad you can start licensing procedure which is time consuming & starting from abroad will give you a head-start. Search for MEMBER_IN_TRAINING or ENGINEER_IN_TRAINING option of your desired regulatory authority.

Thanks

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
fahad04 said:
Dear Concern,

Your question is not clear to me. Did you apply for provincial nomination or PR application (eAPR) to CIC. If you had applied for provincial nomination, you need to have a license if your NOC is regulated while your application is in process. If you submitted an eAPR application to CIC then probably, license is not required to upload.

In both cases, while in abroad you can start licensing procedure which is time consuming & starting from abroad will give you a head-start. Search for MEMBER_IN_TRAINING or ENGINEER_IN_TRAINING option of your desired regulatory authority.

Thanks
You do not need a license to apply for PNP. As far as I know, you cannot get the license while you are not in Canada, so how can you get the license from outside Canada and then apply for PNP?

ahmadyounes

Jul 11, 2015
fahad04 said:
Dear Concern,

Thanks
Hey Fahad,

Let's take the example of Ontario. They will contact possible nominees to grant them a nomination for Canada.
For example, they show an interest in my profile and I started to apply to OINP. So, as an electrical engineer, my job is regulated in Canada, and they will ask for a proof of licensing. in that case what shall I do ? should I apply from now for licensing and when Ontario shows interest in my profile, I will show the proof of licensing ? or what I just said is totally wrong and I shall do nothing right now ?