+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professional Certification

Jas Singh

Oct 9, 2014
Hi Experts,
Need your help again to plan efficiently for this long journey immi to Canada.
My NOC as per my work ex is 0113 (Purchase/Procurement Manager), the job duties match as per the NOC R&R.

Unfortunately my CRS is 330 (No points for spouse education, experience) . There is no room of increasing this (at least in short term). IELTS BAND 8 and above in all.

I am planning to do certification in Supply Chain from Institute of Supply Management (ISM USA). They also provide reciprocity to SCMA of Canada. Not doing from Canada as it is exorbitantly :eek: expensive from the main ISM institute.

However do you suggest this will help me in increasing my points? If yes by how much?

Thanks in advance for help.
Jas

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Professional certification won't net you any additional points. Why do you have a score of only 330 if you have an IELTS band 8? Assuming you have 8 in L and at least 7 in R/W/S and a Bachelors degree, your score should be closer to 400 or higher than that.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
I was also thinking the same, why is your score that less Jas ? you should be above 400 with those IELTS scores.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jas Singh said:
My score-
L-8, W-7, Reading- 8.5, Speaking-8,
you think I should have more than what I have.
How old are you?
Recheck your CRS score here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp if you haven't done so already.

Jas Singh

Oct 9, 2014
Age 36 which is now, in questionnaire its "when you receive ITA" don't when I will get .. I rechecked the score its 332..
Correction - My bad- Writing 6.5 :(..

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jas Singh said:
Age 36 which is now, in questionnaire its "when you receive ITA" don't when I will get .. I rechecked the score its 332..
Correction - My bad- Writing 6.5 :(..
I have a feeling you are inputting something wrong, you should have more points. What is the highest degree you have and did you have it evaluated at WES or one of the institutions designated by CIC? Check your CRS by putting your writing score at 7.0. Should increase by 20 points, just to give you insight of what is possible with just 0.5 increase in IELTS.

Jas Singh

Oct 9, 2014
Bachelors Degree- WES done; equivalent to 3 years Graduate.
Tried with 7 for Writing- 44 point increase . Huge difference.
And also to see if my spouse give IELTS and score 6 in each - the Score jumps to 388.
Need another 12 for Ontario Nomination Program.

Do you guys suggest we both give IELTS again?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jas Singh said:
Bachelors Degree- WES done; equivalent to 3 years Graduate.
Tried with 7 for Writing- 44 point increase . Huge difference.
And also to see if my spouse give IELTS and score 6 in each - the Score jumps to 388.
Need another 12 for Ontario Nomination Program.

Do you guys suggest we both give IELTS again?
Absolutely!

SAPCONS

Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

I have the same issue of less score. I am at 386 (after checking on the link provided above) CRS and my IELTS is R- 8.5, L-8, S-8, W-7.
I am 38 yrs old and I have a bechelor's degree which WES has recognised as equivalent to 3 yrs in Canada.

So, would you say that i should have more score than what i have scored?

Would appreciate a response.
Thanks.