+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prof of funds

saint1

May 16, 2013
i am going to land in Toronto alone and have 5000 Canadian Dollars pl tell me is it necessary to show full amount of funds because i have to sell some of my assets or is it enough for travelling

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saint1 said:
i am going to land in Toronto alone and have 5000 Canadian Dollars pl tell me is it necessary to show full amount of funds because i have to sell some of my assets or is it enough for travelling
It is a requirement of CIC that a FSW immigrant must have the minimum required funds for landing in Canada. An officer may (not always) ask the new immigrant to show the funds when landed. If you can convince the officer with satisfactory answer, the process could be smooth. But I never heard any incident of refusing entry, merely for any shortage of minimum funds with the new immigrant. It means there is a soft side in this matter. However, try to make up the funds, which you agreed with CIC by providing the proof of funds when applied.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
In instruction letter ( comes along with COPR), it is clearly given that applicant may be refused if minimum funds are not met.

At this stage, u cannot take a chance of their mercy

wilson said:
It is a requirement of CIC that a FSW immigrant must have the minimum required funds for landing in Canada. An officer may (not always) ask the new immigrant to show the funds when landed. If you can convince the officer with satisfactory answer, the process could be smooth. But I never heard any incident of refusing entry, merely for any shortage of minimum funds with the new immigrant. It means there is a soft side in this matter. However, try to make up the funds, which you agreed with CIC by providing the proof of funds when applied.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
saint1 said:
Read the link below:

It clearly says the the 3 below are "must haves" and you'll face entry denial if you don't meet those 3 requirements.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arrival.asp

When you arrive, you must have:

1) Your valid passport and/or travel documents. Your passport must be a regular, private passport. You cannot immigrate to Canada with
a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport.
2) Your valid permanent resident visa and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). The officer will make sure you are entering
Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your visa. Please note that this document cannot be extended; therefore, you should
make sure to use it before it expires.
3) Proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.

The officer will ask you a few questions to make sure you still meet the terms to immigrate to Canada. They will be similar to the ones you answered when you applied.

You will not be allowed into Canada if you give false or incomplete information, or if you do not convince the officer that you meet the conditions to enter Canada.

mindianboy

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends
$----------------------------------->Rs.
what to do now
and our POF----------------------------------< then the limit

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
mindianboy said:
Hi Friends
$----------------------------------->Rs.
what to do now
and our POF----------------------------------< then the limit
what is the question?