+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Product Manager - NOC 0213

oogabooga1

Jul 27, 2021
Hi, I'm a product manager with the following responsibilities, do you think 0213 is the correct NOC for me?

Define the problem and scope for a given project and present backlog items and key milestones to form a product roadmap
• Facilitate backlog refinement sessions with development teams and stakeholders
• Create detailed product requirements and develop use case documentation
• Design, develop and manage project plans in a complex dynamic environment
• Own feature requirements, create user stories, and acceptance criteria, and review test cases
• Work with development teams to ensure the software is built according to the acceptance criteria defined in the user stories
• Ensure a clear understanding of the specifications by developers, Quality Engineering teams and provide support to these teams where necessary for timely delivery.
• Data analytics, business modeling, project costing, and ROI calculations
• Meet clients, collect, document, and manage enhancement requests from internal and external sources
• Involve in user testing to ensure the content and features of various products meet consumer feedback
• Design, implement, and further improve scalable marketing strategy and lead initiatives to promote S&P's products.
• Develop relationships with strategic partners.

Thanks

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Yes, it seems relevant. Just ensure your employment letter has duties mentioned closer to what the NOC entails. The role name itself is not as significant but the duties are.

oogabooga1

Jul 27, 2021
Thank you for your reply. The bullets that I've shared above are what I have on my experience letter. Can't change these at this point)
So question really is if 0213 is the right choice against this JD or is there a different more suitable NOC for my role.

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
I think it works fine, the duties seem very similar. 0213 (Computer and information systems managers) seems to be the closest for a technical PM.

oogabooga1

Jul 27, 2021
Thanks. It'd really help me get a good night sleep if some other members can also review/ comment on my duties against the selected NOC Code. :)

akhil.sanjiva

Feb 10, 2021
Hi, I'm a product manager with the following responsibilities, do you think 0213 is the correct NOC for me?

Define the problem and scope for a given project and present backlog items and key milestones to form a product roadmap
• Facilitate backlog refinement sessions with development teams and stakeholders
• Own feature requirements, create user stories, and acceptance criteria, and review test cases
• Work with development teams to ensure the software is built according to the acceptance criteria defined in the user stories
• Ensure a clear understanding of the specifications by developers, Quality Engineering teams and provide support to these teams where necessary for timely delivery.
• Meet clients, collect, document, and manage enhancement requests from internal and external sources
• Involve in user testing to ensure the content and features of various products meet consumer feedback
• Design, implement, and further improve scalable marketing strategy and lead initiatives to promote S&P's products.

Thanks
May I ask how many years of experience you have in this role?

I'm in the same boat - currently working as a product manager for a fintech company, but my experience in the current role is just 1.5 years - so I'm worried about the wording in NOC 0213 - "Several years of experience"

I've been flip-flopping between 0601 and 0213 as well.

Cheers!

oogabooga1

Jul 27, 2021
I've been in this role for over 3-years now. I think what they are stressing on is that the applicant should have managerial experience.
To me 0601 seems like a Non-Tech PM role.

Would you say my duties match 0213?

oogabooga1

Jul 27, 2021
Yeah thanks, I think so too. It might not be a great match (which worries me a little) but this is the closest match I've been able to find. I'm unsure if there is another (better) one that I can go for.

dorisnky

Feb 4, 2020
Yeah thanks, I think so too. It might not be a great match (which worries me a little) but this is the closest match I've been able to find. I'm unsure if there is another (better) one that I can go for.
Hi please what NOC did you end up going with??

Viijeoma

Oct 8, 2021

Thanks
Hi
I am having similar challenge with finding the right NOC for similar duties; what NOC did you end up choosing

Vanesacam95

Oct 27, 2021
Hello can someone help me? I have a degree in marketing but I took scrum master certification in 2017 and started working as scrum master 2018 please can some advice if it's true I must have a degree in computer science to apply for express entry? My role I don't write code I work as scrum master