+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procurement/Supply Chain professional aspiring for Canada Immigration

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

My wife & I,are interested to shift to Canada,to settle & work there. I am a Purchase/Supply Chain/Procurement/e-Sourcing professional,with 9 years of experience in relevant fields.My wife,is a Senior Secondary school teacher in English with Masters & also a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree,as recognized in India.

After going through the immigration site of the Canadian Govt and discussing with some immigration agents, I have found that my job is listed under the FSW category of PR visa.

I have certain questions in mind and would request you all to kindly advise me regarding the same

1) Shall we be able to do the immigration process on our own? Even if we do so,what about the post landing formalities (which the agents claim to help in) and also job search (the most important)? Do the agents really help in this? Pls enlighten us in this regard....

2) If we get the PR Visa,will that be enough to get some calls for a decent job to support both of us, at least in the initial days in Canada?? How is the situation out there,specially in fields like Purchase/supply chain/e-sourcing /marketing etc? How long does it take to get a job (speaking on a very general note)?

3) Till the time we reach there,can anyone of you suggest for some short term job online oriented course/certification in my field,which will increase my chances of get interview calls ? Does the Canadian Govt have any program like that,specially meant for immigrants?

4) Considering the fact that we will move from India,we will like to go to a place with little bit temperate weather in Canada (it's on a relative note ,considering the places and climate in Canada). Is there any suggestion on this line?

My wife has already cleared the IELTS exam (Academic) and scored well (a band above 7.5 in average). I plan to appear for it in near future. What I have learnt that I need to appear for the General Training version of IELTS. Will that be okay,if I intend to go for some short term course/job oriented program in future?

It would be of great help if someone guides us with the approach that we should adopt at this point of time...

Thanks & regards,

Sourav Chakraborty

INDIA