+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hello all,

I submitted my application for my visitor visa online on October 6th, and it is still being processed. From my understanding this should only take a couple of business weeks to process. I applied on the grounds that I have applied for permanent residency (common law family class) and an OWP and I wanted a visitor visa to let me stay with my partner while those two are being processed.

I have received my AOR letters now for those two a few days ago, so I am on implied status, but I would still like the visitor visa so I am on official status, and not simply because I am still waiting.

Might it be taking longer because they needed to check that I have the other applications I submitted, but only linked online a few days ago?

It is a little disconcerting to be honest. They said they need no further documentation or anything from me and that simply it is pending a decision. It's a month today since they received it.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks! :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello all,

I submitted my application for my visitor visa online on October 6th, and it is still being processed. From my understanding this should only take a couple of business weeks to process. I applied on the grounds that I have applied for permanent residency (common law family class) and an OWP and I wanted a visitor visa to let me stay with my partner while those two are being processed.

I have received my AOR letters now for those two a few days ago, so I am on implied status, but I would still like the visitor visa so I am on official status, and not simply because I am still waiting.

Might it be taking longer because they needed to check that I have the other applications I submitted, but only linked online a few days ago?

It is a little disconcerting to be honest. They said they need no further documentation or anything from me and that simply it is pending a decision. It's a month today since they received it.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks! :)
As you've submitted an inland application for PR + an application to extend your visitor status, there's no reason for concern. You are currently on implied status until a decision is made on your application to extend your stay