+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing times

Astar123

Mar 19, 2018
hey guys,

I was hoping to get some clarification from someone other than the respresentative I hired.

My husband applied for Canadian citizenship under family sponsorship April of 2017 (Outland). In may we got confirmation that they received our package and I was approved as a sponsor. Fast forward 3 months, we got notified that our documents were sent to the Canadian embassy in Italy (the visa office that oversees the country we applied from). My representative told me that this was probably the last stage and that we would get a response soon (probably before the new year which I was hoping for because I was having out first child in November). So here we are 6 months later in March 2018 and cic still says “in process”.. my question is does anybody have an idea of when the bulk of The processing is Done? For example is the bulk of processing done in Canada then sent to the embassy for finalization ( and it’s just taking a long time because there’s a long que) or do they just process the sponsor in Canada and the applicant in Italy?? I’m just confused of how things are being processed and what stage we are at and my representative isn’t being too much help.. it’s been almost a year now. When I log in to see my statues all it says is: 1. We received your Application for permanent residence on May 22, 2017 (around the time I got approved as sponsor) and 2. We started processing your Application on September 18 2017 (the date our documents got sent to Italy). So if the process date is indeed sept 18,2017 when will our year be up to get some sort of response. In May or in sept?

Thanks

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
The bulk of the processing is done in Italy. Only the very beginning (the sponsor approval) is done in Mississauga. The 12 month processing time is from when your application is initially received in Mississauga, so in April. The September processing date listed on your ECAS is referring to when they received and opened your application at the VO in Italy. Hang in there till April and if you still haven't heard anything you can get your MP to help and give you an update since you will be past the 12 month mark.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hey guys,

I was hoping to get some clarification from someone other than the respresentative I hired.

My husband applied for Canadian citizenship under family sponsorship April of 2017 (Outland). In may we got confirmation that they received our package and I was approved as a sponsor. Fast forward 3 months, we got notified that our documents were sent to the Canadian embassy in Italy (the visa office that oversees the country we applied from). My representative told me that this was probably the last stage and that we would get a response soon (probably before the new year which I was hoping for because I was having out first child in November). So here we are 6 months later in March 2018 and cic still says “in process”.. my question is does anybody have an idea of when the bulk of The processing is Done? For example is the bulk of processing done in Canada then sent to the embassy for finalization ( and it’s just taking a long time because there’s a long que) or do they just process the sponsor in Canada and the applicant in Italy?? I’m just confused of how things are being processed and what stage we are at and my representative isn’t being too much help.. it’s been almost a year now. When I log in to see my statues all it says is: 1. We received your Application for permanent residence on May 22, 2017 (around the time I got approved as sponsor) and 2. We started processing your Application on September 18 2017 (the date our documents got sent to Italy). So if the process date is indeed sept 18,2017 when will our year be up to get some sort of response. In May or in sept?

Thanks
As said above, the bulk is done after the app is transferred to the local VO.

Also note that your husband has applied for PR, not Canadian citizenship.

Reactions: YVR123

Astar123

Mar 19, 2018
Thank you!
The bulk of the processing is done in Italy. Only the very beginning (the sponsor approval) is done in Mississauga. The 12 month processing time is from when your application is initially received in Mississauga, so in April. The September processing date listed on your ECAS is referring to when they received and opened your application at the VO in Italy. Hang in there till April and if you still haven't heard anything you can get your MP to help and give you an update since you will be past the 12 month mark.
hank you

Astar123

Mar 19, 2018
As said above, the bulk is done after the app is transferred to the local VO.

Also note that your husband has applied for PR, not Canadian citizenship.
Thanks! As I understand it We applied for both at the same time but he has to be approved for permanent residence first and once he is in the country then his application for Canadian citizenship takes effect (another 3 years)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks! As I understand it We applied for both at the same time but he has to be approved for permanent residence first and once he is in the country then his application for Canadian citizenship takes effect (another 3 years)
No, you didn't apply for both. He applied for PR. He can't apply for citizenship until he actually qualifies.

Vonneta

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Did your family arrived
hey guys,

Thanks
?