+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times

manzar66

Nov 1, 2006
It would be a great help and support to everybody, if someone could find out a web site which presents the status of processing times (applications being processed) other then CIC as it seems either they do not have resources or will to develop like others such and USCIS where applicants could find out which year and which month is being processed so they can plan accordingly.

I wonder if any one from CIC do visit this forum once in a while.

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
www.trackitt.com does not give much information. It is not necessary that all the immigration applications are registered there. It will definitely help, if we can find exact information about each center. What application is currently being processed etc.
Thanks
Cool

manzar66

Nov 1, 2006
Thanks to both of you, for your input, I am quite confused over the situation, if processing times are sooo long and it seems uncontrollable then why Canadian missions web sites present different timings, why don’t they change it accordingly. For instance web site of Canadian Mission Islamabad is still showing processing time as 36 - 42 months (A rosy picture) where as during the year 2006 they took 56 - 60 months.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi my friend manzar66
That's what I call a very good question!!!

That's why; our friends recommend looking into the links provided, so you can see what the real life waiting times are; through all their postings and inputs.

Cheers... and wait!!!!
Eduardo

manzar66

Nov 1, 2006
Thanks Picazo,

Do you think situation is improving or will improve, well (one should always remain optimistic) but the way this time slot is increasing, during last couple of years it has been slided down by 8-10 months on all the stations, which means when we will complete present stipulated time the actual time would be even greater.

Thanks

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hey manzar66

Yes is it, I hate to say this but seems like the short waiting times are not longer effective anymore due to high increasing of applications

In my case, I am already overdue; the most extended period for my country was 24 Months… I am biting now the 25th Month, I have already done the medicals last August 06, FBI background reports last September 06… So I am still waiting for the Passport Request.

Anyway, it will come some day… meantime I am taking advance of this, updating my career, improving my English skills… getting more experience in my current employment... time is gold my friend.

Cheers
Eduardo

manzar66

Nov 1, 2006
Dear Picazo,

you are correct, same is going on at my end as far as grooming and updating is concerned, but you are lucky as least in the sense to be living in the country where processing time is 24 months, same is around 54 - 60 months here. I have crossed 32 months still there is no word from CHC.

Until wheels starts moving one cannot be sure about the direction neither one could guess about the outcome, and that is the point where it is difficult to plan any thing for future.

Thanks

Klaas

Mar 13, 2007
I applied as a provincial nominee (Saskatchewan) July 2004. I quickly received the forms for the medicals and interview waver. They are still busy with a "background" check. The processing time on the website is 80% of applicantions finished in 11 months. I am almost waiting 3 X 11months now. I am now working in Canada on a Temporary Workpermit since August 2001. They take their TIME.

manzar66

Nov 1, 2006
It appears that there is another time limit, which falls even above then the existing time they are actually taking, and unfortunately you fall in that bracket.

Where as PNP program seems to be faster then mainstream program, but in this case its looks like the same, many of my friends have applied for PNP program, thinking about faster processing.

The worst part of the story is that this gap is increasing day by day, as yet no concrete effort is visible to reduce the processing times.

Thks