Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
my application was forwarded to new york city but, the processing time's for the smaller centers are not on the CIC website, is there anyway to find out?

was anyone else forwarded to one of the "expedited" centers?
i'm a bit worried

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
I didn't think that processing for the U.S. was done outside of Buffalo. It seems to me that you are being called for an interview.

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
NYCtoNB said:
my application was forwarded to new york city but, the processing time's for the smaller centers are not on the CIC website, is there anyway to find out?

was anyone else forwarded to one of the "expedited" centers?
i'm a bit worried
nyctonb.... my husband's pr application was sent to new york as well.
it says here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206&menu=L
that our processing time is on average 6 months. i don't know much otherwise. and i have been a bit worried too. what does your status on ecas say? was new york the center you requested incase of an interview? i know of a few people who have been sent to detroit from buffalo, and they have had their applications processed quite quickly. i don't think that we need to worry yet. i plan on calling ottawa on monday morning, and finding out whether or not they have my husbands medicals... and if so, ask for them to send them off to new york. i hope this helps you a bit.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BeShoo said:
I didn't think that processing for the U.S. was done outside of Buffalo. It seems to me that you are being called for an interview.
No, it does NOT mean that you are being called for an interview if your file is transferred to another visa office. Buffalo often transfers files to such places as New York, Detroit, Seattle and LA in order to expedite process. If they are behind (which it seems they have been lately) then they are more likely to transfer files to ensure they get processed within a timely manner. I have seen this a ton lately, and in most cases (but not always), the cases are finalized quite quickly, so hopefully that is the case for you NYCtoNB and ritosgirl!

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
status on ecas says medicals received but that's not surprising cic had my medicals before they had my app
i probably put nyc in case of interview but i don't remember
i don't remember a lot of what i put which is a huge part of my worrying
i hate that we arent allowed to ask whats going on with out application we just send them our money and information and wait
i can't pretend like my future isnt in someone elses hands right now
its cruel

thank you both

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
diddagirl said:
No, it does NOT mean that you are being called for an interview if your file is transferred to another visa office.
Okay, I wasn't sure, but thanks for that information. I know they said that they try to balance the waiting tie for interviews between the various offices so you won't necessarily get your preferred interview location.

I have another question, just slightly off topic. I could swear I've seen mention of interviews in Buffalo, which would be ideal for me because it is within easy driving distance of my parents' house, but it is not one of the "preferred interview locations" on the form. Do they actually do any interviews in Buffalo? Maybe they used to but don't anymore. Does anyone here know about that?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BeShoo said:
Okay, I wasn't sure, but thanks for that information. I know they said that they try to balance the waiting tie for interviews between the various offices so you won't necessarily get your preferred interview location.

I have another question, just slightly off topic. I could swear I've seen mention of interviews in Buffalo, which would be ideal for me because it is within easy driving distance of my parents' house, but it is not one of the "preferred interview locations" on the form. Do they actually do any interviews in Buffalo? Maybe they used to but don't anymore. Does anyone here know about that?
That's an interesting question. I have seen several people who had an interview in Buffalo, so I know that they do them there, but have no idea why its not on the interview preference sheet. I don't know enough about the interviews, but perhaps certain types of interviews are held in Buffalo? Or maybe it's just based on how busy each location is? Those are my guesses! ;)