+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times Since COVID-19

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Processing times are longer than 6 months because of COVID-19. Why don't we work together to try to figure out what the new average processing time is.

Please post your dates of AOR, PPR, etc here!

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
Hi there,

My process was in 71% in august 2020 and expected to be done by january 2021, then in september it went back to 65% and the expected date was february. But then last week I received the medical examination request, which I completed yesterday. The doctor said PR is approved 3-4 weeks after medical exams are done because they are rushing it now. I was shocked with the news and hope she is right. I will come back in 4 weeks to let you guys know if she was right. btw my process in in 85% now. Applied for PR in July 2019.

Last edited:

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi there,

My process was in 71% in august 2020 and expected to be done by january 2021, then in september it went back to 65% and the expected date was february. But then last week I received the medical examination request, which I completed yesterday. The doctor said PR is approved 3-4 weeks after medical exams are done because they are rushing it now. I was shocked with the news and hope she is right. I will come back in 4 weeks to let you guys know if she was right. btw my process in in 85% now. Applied for PR in July 2019.
That's so interesting! I wonder how she knows.... I'll be very interested to hear how you're getting on in a month! Good luck :)

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
Her office had so many people waiting yesterday and pretty much all doctors are fully booked in the city. I Don´t know, maybe it depends on the province?
I´ll come back to let you know as soon I hear anything. Saved this thread on my favorites so I can find it easier later.

Reactions: MissyJ2

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
That's so interesting! I wonder how she knows.... I'll be very interested to hear how you're getting on in a month! Good luck :)
Turns out that she was wrong. Still waiting. My process is in 91%. My medical results came on the November 13, 7 days after the exams took place. At least my extension for my work permit was approved (I had applied in September and received an email yesterday)

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Turns out that she was wrong. Still waiting. My process is in 91%. My medical results came on the November 13, 7 days after the exams took place. At least my extension for my work permit was approved (I had applied in September and received an email yesterday)
Oh I'm so sorry. I gave biometrics a few days ago, and nothing has changed for me either (Aor Oct 26). I've noticed some people from June are getting their coprs, so at least there's movement somewhere in the queue. Your's is coming too. Let me know if anything changes. I'll do the same :).

Oti

Dec 13, 2020
My 6 months timeline was meant to have elapsed in May 2020. Its 100% now but still haven't heard anything. Anyone with any information regarding that?

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
I finally got my PR!!!!! After 23 months
And I am not even counting the PNP part. With that it would be pretty much 3 years in total!
So, let me tell you guys how it happened. My estimate was January, then it was extended to February. In February I completed 100%, then it changed to 95% after a few days and I freaked out because I thought something was missing. The estimate changed again to April. April came and it was 100% again. By the end of May I sent a web form asking why this was happening and 4 days later I received an email asking me to confirm my info such as last time I entered the country, my address... 3 days later I received an invitation link to a portal that has replaced everything that would be done in person, including a interview . So I uploaded a recent picture on this portal, confirmed more info and now after 13 days I received my PR! Don't know how long until they will send me the actual card but with the document I have downloaded from the portal it is enough to get health card, sin number and what else is necessary. Good luck to everyone. Is not easy, it gets us frustrated but be patient, it is coming for everyone!