+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing times change?

Mapleleaves

Sep 16, 2013
Does anybody know if this would change any time soon showing the new estimated processing times?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody knows, unless someone has inside info from CIC. It may be updated today, but may be next year.

Also, check this thread (on a different forum though): https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13771&PN=1&title=quarterly-statistics-and-processing-times-withheld

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's important to note that those "current" processing times are based on statistics that are over a year old at this point.

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be honest it depends on individual file. I don't know which processing time are you asking but I know on website it says 25 month I guess for Citizenship but I got it in 7 months. As I have mention it depends on individual file my brother applied 8 months before me but still no news for him.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Aamir,
It looks like you're talking about PR, whereas the original question was inquiring about citizenship application processing timelines. Almost no citizenship applications are processed in 7 months recently!

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Processing times on CIC website based on national data collected from all over Canada. It's far more handy to know average times in your local office.

As far as I know, only Mississauga and Windsor process lots of cases in less than 12 months consistently.

If you're not in GTA, you can pretty much forget about getting citizenship in less than a year.

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
Hi Aamir,
It looks like you're talking about PR, whereas the original question was inquiring about citizenship application processing timelines. Almost no citizenship applications are processed in 7 months recently!
Hi,

I am talking about Citizenship and I applied on April 2013 and my Oath is in Nov 2013. If you want I can share my timeline as well.

Thanks

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider said:
Processing times on CIC website based on national data collected from all over Canada. It's far more handy to know average times in your local office.

As far as I know, only Mississauga and Windsor process lots of cases in less than 12 months consistently.

If you're not in GTA, you can pretty much forget about getting citizenship in less than a year.
I agree with you. It took me like 7-8 months and I am from Windsor Ontario (Citizenship)

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamir89 said:
Hi,
I am talking about Citizenship and I applied on April 2013 and my Oath is in Nov 2013. If you want I can share my timeline as well.
Thanks
Wow. That's amazing and pretty usual. Congratulations!

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamir89 said:
Thank you. I hope you all have same kind of speed too :)
That's kind of you to say. I do hope that the timelines will improve for all the hundreds of thousands of applicants. Citizenship is important, and delaying people's rights for years disrespects the importance of citizenship. Timelines such as yours should be more common.

For me personally, I've been in the citizenship process since July 2011. That's not as long as some, but I think the chance to call my processing speedy passed long ago!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I was in real estate I'd have the 'fastest citizenship' processing angle in my Windsor Realtor pack!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
eileenf said:
That's kind of you to say. I do hope that the timelines will improve for all the hundreds of thousands of applicants. Citizenship is important, and delaying people's rights for years disrespects the importance of citizenship. Timelines such as yours should be more common.

For me personally, I've been in the citizenship process since July 2011. That's not as long as some, but I think the chance to call my processing speedy passed long ago!
ohh I am so sorry eileenf :-( I wish you all the best and hope you get your citizenship soon. I have a friend who is also 2011 applicant. She got RQ in 2012 and still waiting.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf got RQd placing her in the non routine stream....its the CIC scenic processing route that is a disaster for applicants!