+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Time (Provincial Nominees within EE)

Rayan75

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
I have seen people waiting for 16-18 months for COPR under PN. Not sure if I am understanding the time-frame correctly.

On CIC Processing Time website:
when I choose " Economic Class" > Provincial Nominees > Yes, Applying online via Express Entry
The result is: 6 months

Quoted from CIC Processing Time Page (Updated May 13, 2018):
" These processing times only apply to the federal part of the processing (at the visa office) once we have received the complete application. It does not include the time it takes for the province or territory to process the nomination certificate. "

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Can anybody please clarify?

Also as a side question, how does ONIP select candidates? Skeptical about their approach of selection (some people have low scores but still got selected). Happy to all those who has been selected, but can they shed-light on their own experience?

Thanks!

Albertp

Nov 14, 2016
I have seen people waiting for 16-18 months for COPR under PN. Not sure if I am understanding the time-frame correctly.

On CIC Processing Time website:
when I choose " Economic Class" > Provincial Nominees > Yes, Applying online via Express Entry
The result is: 6 months

Quoted from CIC Processing Time Page (Updated May 13, 2018):
" These processing times only apply to the federal part of the processing (at the visa office) once we have received the complete application. It does not include the time it takes for the province or territory to process the nomination certificate. "

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Can anybody please clarify?

Also as a side question, how does ONIP select candidates? Skeptical about their approach of selection (some people have low scores but still got selected). Happy to all those who has been selected, but can they shed-light on their own experience?

Thanks!

16-18 months is for Paper based applications.

Rayan75

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
16-18 months is for Paper based applications.
Thanks a lot Albertp. Excuse my novice level, but why some people opt for the PNP paper-based application when there is an available faster online version of PNP through EE? As far as I understand, PNP can also select applicants from the pool (ie. by sending NOI) and then the applicant accepts and goes through the exact same EE process (on 6 months).

Albertp

Nov 14, 2016
Thanks a lot Albertp. Excuse my novice level, but why some people opt for the PNP paper-based application when there is an available faster online version of PNP through EE? As far as I understand, PNP can also select applicants from the pool (ie. by sending NOI) and then the applicant accepts and goes through the exact same EE process (on 6 months).

There are various reasons, one of the reason might be for example if you have graduated from a university in Saskatchewan, you do not need to write IELTS if you apply via paper based.