+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Time of P.R Card

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Hi,

I landed at Toronto on 18th of October 2009,the immigration guy told me that i will get my P.R Card within 4 to 6 weeks. Today i checked the CIC website and my e-cas shows that i have landed on oct 18 at toronto and became the permenant resident.

Now can any one advice when i will get the P.R card and if i leave canada without waiting for P.R Card then will i be able to enter again in canada.

Further is there any way to speed up the delivery of P.R Card.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card it's right now taking 44 days so if that sticks, you can expect your PR cards in early December. If you leave Canada before you get your PR card, if you are visa exempt, you should be able to get back in, if you are not, you might have to apply for a PR travel document at a Canadian embassy. If you are going back by car, supposedly your landing papers will be enough.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
How do they send PR cards? Do we need to collect or they will send by post or courier? Will it be registered mail or ordinary post? Does any one have to sign for it while receiving? Can spouse or friend sign on behalf of the applicant? Pl guys advise me on this..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your first ever PR card it sent by mail. I don't know if anybody has to sign for it but if so, it doesn't have to be you because many people give relatives addresses, leave Canada and get the PR cards mailed there. Your 2nd and subsequent PR cards will not be mailed, instead you have to pick them up at the local CIC office.

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
@ treshold

Did u received the PR Card, the CIC website suggest the process time is 38 days, what is your status please confirm.

kpit_2009

Oct 27, 2009
did any one receive PR Card?

Current Processing Time for PR Card - 36 days

These processing times include a 10–day mailing period.

kpit_2009

Oct 27, 2009
M.R.S said:
NOT YET

How you know that the processing time include 10 day mailing period
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/times/canada/process-in.asp

The processing times are updated weekly, so check often.

How to use this page
Make sure you note the type of application you submit as well as the date you submit it. The table will tell you which CPC is responsible for processing each type of application.

You can estimate the amount of time it will take to process your application. Note the date in the column “Processing Applications Received up to”, then add the amount of time posted in the column “Current Processing Time” to the date you submitted your application. This will give you an approximate date as to when you should receive a response from CIC. These processing times include a 10–day mailing period.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kpit_2009 said:
M.R.S said:
NOT YET

How to use this page
Make sure you note the type of application you submit as well as the date you submit it. The table will tell you which CPC is responsible for processing each type of application.

You can estimate the amount of time it will take to process your application. Note the date in the column “Processing Applications Received up to”, then add the amount of time posted in the column “Current Processing Time” to the date you submitted your application. This will give you an approximate date as to when you should receive a response from CIC. These processing times include a 10–day mailing period.
Please re-read the link, the only note that applies to PR cards is for the replacement cards, which are sent to Local CICs. The 10 days you quote are for the processing of adopted children.

PMM

kpit_2009

Oct 27, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

kpit_2009 said:
M.R.S said:
NOT YET

How to use this page

Please re-read the link, the only note that applies to PR cards is for the replacement cards, which are sent to Local CICs. The 10 days you quote are for the processing of adopted children.

PMM
May be you are right.

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
I called the CIC Call centre and they said that the current processing times are 36 days and this does not include mailing period. As per the call centre agent the total time is around 45 to 50 days.

Can i collect the PR Card from CIC sydney ????