16-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-05-2012
Interview........
In Process as of 3rd Jan, 2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2012 (New Delhi received it on 4th Oct, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
Can we do something like email to Toronto Star and Globe and Mail about the slow process and may be they can help put our complains in right place...........

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
canada6999 said:
Can we do something like email to Toronto Star and Globe and Mail about the slow process and may be they can help put our complains in right place...........
Honestly, what would they do? Government will not listen to media. This is obvious.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Agreed! Apply external pressure and they might 'work to rule', (even more so if they are already). Just leave them be.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completely agree. We should bring this to our Media's attention. I realize, I am motivated because I will be applying in a few days. But, sponsoring your spouse should not be a stressfull thing to do. In some cases, it is taking over 2 years. Many processing centres are just way behind. How is it civic that bringing your genuine spouse takes over a year?

Recently there has been too much hue and cry about the health benefits of the refugees and also cancellation of the investor category visa and also starting a new system for new applicants for skilled category etc.

Obviously, the immigration policies have changed in recent times. But, in a civilized country, how is it that it takes so long to bring your spouse here?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
goodman36 said:
I completely agree. We should bring this to our Media's attention. I realize, I am motivated because I will be applying in a few days. But, sponsoring your spouse should not be a stressfull thing to do. In some cases, it is taking over 2 years. Many processing centres are just way behind. How is it civic that bringing your genuine spouse takes over a year?

Recently there has been too much hue and cry about the health benefits of the refugees and also cancellation of the investor category visa and also starting a new system for new applicants for skilled category etc.

Obviously, the immigration policies have changed in recent times. But, in a civilized country, how is it that it takes so long to bring your spouse here?
Fraud. That pretty much is why.

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
parker24 said:
Fraud. That pretty much is why.
Exactly. Too much fraud. And thousands of applications per year.
Yes it's stressful and sad waiting. However there are WAY too many fraudulent immigrants in our country, regardless of how they got here, and we end up paying for the aftermath.
So, by all means, they can take their time to do their best at weeding out the frauds.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
I'll never understand the resistance to this.

All it would say, to the government, is that for alot of us, this is too long. It isnt saying 'open the gates'. It would maybe say that we believe there should be more of our tax dollars or more brains spent on immigration.

I understand that fraud is important. I would love to see the stats. But there are many of us genuine here, waiting a long time for family from afar that recognize we arent able to help Canada in this situation either. We miss our spouses like crazy. (Some of you are losing it after only a few months.) But we also know what is important for Canada and lot of us who are waiting arent helping. We can't. All we're asking is for the government to look into something more strategic or something.

All Canadians at least have a voice. It doesnt help anything to tell them to be quiet.

I actually like, no kidding, alot of what the Minister is doing. But he seems to be doing it in bulk and that hurts everyone. I believe it can be done much more fair and cuts to Canadas immigration seem crazy imo. For Canada, it is a huge future investment.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Hello121 said:
I'll never understand the resistance to this.

All it would say, to the government, is that for alot of us, this is too long. It isnt saying 'open the gates'. It would maybe say that we believe there should be more of our tax dollars or more brains spent on immigration.

I understand that fraud is important. I would love to see the stats. But there are many of us genuine here, waiting a long time for family from afar that recognize we arent able to help Canada in this situation either. We miss our spouses like crazy. (Some of you are losing it after only a few months.) But we also know what is important for Canada and lot of us who are waiting arent helping. We can't. All we're asking is for the government to look into something more strategic or something.

All Canadians at least have a voice. It doesnt help anything to tell them to be quiet.

I actually like, no kidding, alot of what the Minister is doing. But he seems to be doing it in bulk and that hurts everyone. I believe it can be done much more fair and cuts to Canadas immigration seem crazy imo. For Canada, it is a huge future investment.
I had wise words said to me by an ex-mpp... "You ask the government something, especially when it comes to immigration or taxes, they will do the opposite" And it's true. We ask for less taxes, Dalton gives us MORE taxes. It's stupid I agree. I'm not saying the wait time is horrible, but honestly, I'd be scared of them making it WORSE if we "rallied up" and demanded shorter wait times. It's like messing with a bee or a snake, you annoy it, it'll strike at you.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
parker24 said:
I had wise words said to me by an ex-mpp... "You ask the government something, especially when it comes to immigration or taxes, they will do the opposite" And it's true. We ask for less taxes, Dalton gives us MORE taxes. It's stupid I agree. I'm not saying the wait time is horrible, but honestly, I'd be scared of them making it WORSE if we "rallied up" and demanded shorter wait times. It's like messing with a bee or a snake, you annoy it, it'll strike at you.
In all honesty, and I have been a conservative for some time, Daltons 'family holiday' sufficed and I sincerely think we all can appreciate paying more taxes for another holiday here in Canada. Sometimes however,lol, I almost actually find myself considering if I should wait in a line, 20 minutes long, at a gas station that offer 2-5cents/liter less than its neighbor. Thats crazy.

After years of immigration where it sometimes sounds like they were coming in by the mob we find ourselves in the top 10 or often the top 5 of the best countries to live in the world. Again, I believe we should crack down on fraud very, very heavy. More responsibility on the sponsor especially. I am sure alot of us would NOT let in anything that could hurt Canada. We would love the chance to haggle our futures but we cannot because it wouldnt work anyway.lol

I dont believe tho that our government would bite back in this case. How much harder could they? One on one at the MPs office? Sure, and I bet thats what your former MP buddy was talking about. Its human. But not an appeal by a large group of people just by asking for more help. Just saying that we want more thought put into this.

sry Prker for the long wind. I took a week holidays and this one consists of a week of exercise, sun and having a few beers with immigration fellas out here whom I have been reading for a long, long time. Not early enough tho.=(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Hello121 said:
In all honesty, and I have been a conservative for some time, Daltons 'family holiday' sufficed and I sincerely think we all can appreciate paying more taxes for another holiday here in Canada. Sometimes however,lol, I almost actually find myself considering if I should wait in a line, 20 minutes long, at a gas station that offer 2-5cents/liter less than its neighbor. Thats crazy.

After years of immigration where it sometimes sounds like they were coming in by the mob we find ourselves in the top 10 or often the top 5 of the best countries to live in the world. Again, I believe we should crack down on fraud very, very heavy. More responsibility on the sponsor especially. I am sure alot of us would NOT let in anything that could hurt Canada. We would love the chance to haggle our futures but we cannot because it wouldnt work anyway.lol

I dont believe tho that our government would bite back in this case. How much harder could they? One on one at the MPs office? Sure, and I bet thats what your former MP buddy was talking about. Its human. But not an appeal by a large group of people just by asking for more help. Just saying that we want more thought put into this.

sry Prker for the long wind. I took a week holidays and this one consists of a week of exercise, sun and having a few beers with immigration fellas out here whom I have been reading for a long, long time. Not early enough tho.=(
No worries. I'm personally NDP because Dalton is a git (naturally) and Harper has been lying to this country since he became PM. It's annoying. Makes me wish Layton was still around :(

In any case, after what happened in Montreal with the riots, and how stubborn the government is and how they strike back (allowing nonsensical arrests ie) it scares the heck out of me of what they might do to immigration. I've made my opinion about immigration (along with other issues) known to my MP, they now do not respond to any requests I make (IE when I fell off a curb in my wheelchair, nice eh?) But my MPP got pissed and ripped the MP a new one and now they respond haha. Both MP and MPP are Conservatives, which kind of surprises me.

Anywho, like I said, I agree the wait times are horrible, but to try to go to a CIC office and demand shorter times or to Ottawa as a large group, they are just going to ignore. Harper is very good at ignoring the general public.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand that there are fraudulent applications too. But, at this day and age, you would think that would not be hard to find out. All you need is an investigator who speaks the local language. Heck, I would be happy to do the job in my own country. After all, I will be working for Canadian Government and stay close to my parents.

It's not that the process is free. We are paying for it. Wouldn't mind paying more, if the process is expedited by hiring a few more stuff to weed out the false applications. Why the genuine applicants like me should pay for someone who is a bad guy?

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
goodman36 said:
I understand that there are fraudulent applications too. But, at this day and age, you would think that would not be hard to find out. All you need is an investigator who speaks the local language. Heck, I would be happy to do the job in my own country. After all, I will be working for Canadian Government and stay close to my parents.

It's not that the process is free. We are paying for it. Wouldn't mind paying more, if the process is expedited by hiring a few more stuff to weed out the false applications. Why the genuine applicants like me should pay for someone who is a bad guy?
Don't they use decent interpreters? I've wondered that because some of the canlii discussions seem very odd.

They should at least have a good recording of the interview. Visual and audio. To support either side.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
parker24 said:
No worries. I'm personally NDP because Dalton is a git (naturally) and Harper has been lying to this country since he became PM. It's annoying. Makes me wish Layton was still around :(

In any case, after what happened in Montreal with the riots, and how stubborn the government is and how they strike back (allowing nonsensical arrests ie) it scares the heck out of me of what they might do to immigration. I've made my opinion about immigration (along with other issues) known to my MP, they now do not respond to any requests I make (IE when I fell off a curb in my wheelchair, nice eh?) But my MPP got pissed and ripped the MP a new one and now they respond haha. Both MP and MPP are Conservatives, which kind of surprises me.

Anywho, like I said, I agree the wait times are horrible, but to try to go to a CIC office and demand shorter times or to Ottawa as a large group, they are just going to ignore. Harper is very good at ignoring the general public.

I'm a vote away from ndp myself. Ive grown to like Mulcair pretty quick.lol.

canada6999

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-05-2012
Interview........
In Process as of 3rd Jan, 2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2012 (New Delhi received it on 4th Oct, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
Without going off topic let us send some emails and see if we can have some kind of media attention and if that helps

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
I don't think the Canadian public has sympathy for this at all.. they will say "oh look, the immigrants have just arrived and as usual are already demanding more things to be handed to them." Because you have to face it, the majority of family class sponsorships are from people who have just immigrated or PR's. Family class is the definition of 'daisy chain' immigration. Therefore, it's backlogged and slow. We just have to wait our turns.