+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for work permit

swatic87

Sep 3, 2015
Thank u for the reply however the website says 6 weeks but it has been 8 weeks now ans still there is no movement???

Is this normal??

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
My lawyer is in Canada and they applied online through Canadian Embassy in New Zealand
ok, my instinct tells me Canadian High Commission in New Delhi (as you are an Indian national) is also involved here because of which your file has exceed the normal processing time. You should be receiving the WP anytime now imho.

I had a case when my lawyer applied for WP through Canadian High Commission in New Delhi because WP processing time in those days was 9 weeks. I was residing in UAE for over 15 yrs, WP processing time through Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi was... guess.. 39 weeks.(seriously no kidding). Ultimately, New Delhi folks transferred my file to be processed in Abu Dhabi internally and I got the WP in 20 weeks...

swatic87

Sep 3, 2015
Ohh Canadian High Commission in New Delhi is also involved I was not aware of that..Well thanks for that information :)

Fingers crossed

Reactions: jagann

swatic87

Sep 3, 2015
Hi
Have one more question

How much time does it take after the visa approval? Time taken for passport stamping