+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for student visa? New York

stud_visa

Aug 14, 2012
stud_visa said:
I am glad at least they are keeping you posted. But 5-10 more days!! That's crazy.. Nothing on my side yet. I m just going to wait today.. If I don't hear from them I am sending them case inquiry!
I got my visa today!! Thanks everyone and good luck with yours!

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
stud_visa said:
Hi,

Congrats!! When is your visa stamped? I hope I get mine soon. Did you enclose USPS envelope? Cheers for your succes :)

Natume

Aug 4, 2012
stud_visa said:
Congras!

I don't know why mine takes so long, still waiting.

May I ask where you come from?

Aisha G

Aug 25, 2012
Natume said:
Congras!

I don't know why mine takes so long, still waiting.

May I ask where you come from?
Do you get your visa back? I submitted in June 22nd and still do not get any email about the date of finalization from them yet. I am so worried. The school orientation starts tomorrow..

Natume

Aug 4, 2012
Aisha G said:
Do you get your visa back? I submitted in June 22nd and still do not get any email about the date of finalization from them yet. I am so worried. The school orientation starts tomorrow..
Hi!
They received my application on June 22nd too!
Did you email them ask about the status and got any answer?
I've been told this Monday that the review should be finalized within5-10 business days.But I am still waiting.
Would you share your timeline?
Please keep posted.Thanks!

Natume

Aug 4, 2012
Aisha G said:
BTW,I am from China, how about?
I heard there are difference between different nationality when they process the application.

Aisha G

Aug 25, 2012
Natume said:
Hi!
They received my application on June 22nd too!
Did you email them ask about the status and got any answer?
I've been told this Monday that the review should be finalized within5-10 business days.But I am still waiting.
Would you share your timeline?
Please keep posted.Thanks!
Hi nice to know that we were on the same day of application. I emailed them before. On August 8th I got an email saying that they were reviewing my application but did not provid any timeline for it.
I went to NYC early last week also. After I got back home I got an email that my application is not finalized yet and they will let me know as soon as they have decision by email. I came from same country as you and lives here for many years. Just hope that I could get it over the week before school starts.

Aisha G

Aug 25, 2012
Natume said:
BTW,I am from China, how about?
I heard there are difference between different nationality when they process the application.
Do you get yours? Did you send inquiry with the file number before? Just wondering what I can do? Thanks.

Natume

Aug 4, 2012
Aisha G said:
Do you get yours? Did you send inquiry with the file number before? Just wondering what I can do? Thanks.
Yes,I sent inquiry several times with file number and got replies from them.
I also got an email on Aug 8th saying that further check is required on my application. And,Aug 20 got another reply says my application should be finalized within 5-10business days.
I heard that there is delay for Chinese passport holders,but I am not sure.

Aisha G

Aug 25, 2012
Natume said:
Yes,I sent inquiry several times with file number and got replies from them.
I also got an email on Aug 8th saying that further check is required on my application. And,Aug 20 got another reply says my application should be finalized within 5-10business days.
I heard that there is delay for Chinese passport holders,but I am not sure.
Thanks for the information. Which email or website did you send your inquiry? I sent to the email address of new York consulate visa office. Did you use cic inuiry site dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/consent-consentement-eng.aspx ? Really appreciate if you could let me know.
If it is helpful, i will submit my inquiry today then.There is only one week for school to start.. If I know I defintely could not get it by then, I shall start plan school here for this semester..oh it so painful to wait without any timeline.
Thanks again..

Natume

Aug 4, 2012
Aisha G said:
Thanks for the information. Which email or website did you send your inquiry? I sent to the email address of new York consulate visa office. Did you use cic inuiry site dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/consent-consentement-eng.aspx ? Really appreciate if you could let me know.
If it is helpful, i will submit my inquiry today then.There is only one week for school to start.. If I know I defintely could not get it by then, I shall start plan school here for this semester..oh it so painful to wait without any timeline.
Thanks again..
What email did they used when sent you email on Aug8?
I think is faster if you just reply that email.

Aisha G

Aug 25, 2012
Natume said:
What email did they used when sent you email on Aug8?
I think is faster if you just reply that email.
Thanks. The email was from consulate in New York. I will reply that with my file number.. Let me know when you get visa back. Really appreciate it..

Natume

Aug 4, 2012
Aisha G said:
Thanks. The email was from consulate in New York. I will reply that with my file number.. Let me know when you get visa back. Really appreciate it..
Hi,
My file number has a "H"at the end and also the email address they use to reply me has a "H" at the end too,is it the same with you?

Please keep us updated if you get any reply and get your visa back,thank you!

Aisha G

Aug 25, 2012
Natume said:
Hi,
My file number has a "H"at the end and also the email address they use to reply me has a "H" at the end too,is it the same with you?

Please keep us updated if you get any reply and get your visa back,thank you!
My file number has an H also the email before @ is re-CNGNY-IM-H. Can I ask you what to write? I really feel that I am pushing them, which I do not know is a good or bad thing..

Natume

Aug 4, 2012
Aisha G said:
My file number has an H also the email before @ is re-CNGNY-IM-H. Can I ask you what to write? I really feel that I am pushing them, which I do not know is a good or bad thing..
I think we are in totally the same situation.
I always send email to them to ask the status,kind of push,I think.