+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Activia

Nov 7, 2019
Read your story at the other forum. So happy for you. Congratulations
I know this wait .. its killer...
Like with me... I was told to deposit $150 too. And i i did that on 16th jan but did not get any answer for that... almost been 2 weeks now.

But congratulations
Finally i got the approval for work permit yesterday.
Refused on Oct 6, 2019 {transcript issue}
Applied for restoration on Oct 7, 2019
Asked to deposit $150 (study permit fees) on Jan 14, 2020
Approved on Jan 26, 2020

My lawyer was checking the updates. He tild me in the morning that my work permit is approved.

These months are the longest months when there is no job. And everyone around us are getting approvals.

I hope noone else can get refusal.

I hope this timeline may help you understand their processing times.

Reactions: Miracle2018

orion06

Oct 29, 2019
AOR Received.
04-04-2021
Applied restoration of status and wp together for my spouse on Nov 5, approved Jan 29.

jvnjie

Oct 22, 2019
Finally, it's my time to share my timeline! Today my consultant sent me the approval letter for my PGWP + Restoration.

June 10th, 2019: 1st PGWP Application after my convocation on June 6th.The date of my letter of completion is late May.

June 21st, 2019: I started working while waiting for my PGWP to be approved.

September 30th, 2019: My study permit expiry date.

October 10th, 2019: I received an email from IRCC and saw a refusal letter. I had not expected any of this as I thought I had done everything right and checked my online portal every other day. To my surprise, I found out that I uploaded my digital photo twice and no proof of degree completion was attached. In the letter, it says my temporary resident status expired on October 9th, 2019.

The next day, I called IRCC at 8 am right when they opened the line. After speaking with an agent, I learned that my solution should be applying for restoration of status as a worker and PGWP at the same time. Unfortunately, I had to quit my work. I contacted an immigration consultant right away and their advice was also to restore as a worker and PGWP application at the same time.

October 24th, 2019: We submitted the application. It was still within the 180 days timeframe according to the new policy implemented last year.

January 24th, 2020: Because I routinely read the threads on this site about restoration and PGWP. I started to panic because I saw people applied after I did got their PGWP approved. I called the IRCC hotline again at 8 o'clock in the morning and got told by the agent they already sent a notice to my consultant that I should apply to restore my status as a student in order to get PGWP and I needed to pay the extra $150 study extension fee for them to process my file. Soon after, I confirmed this with my consultant. This was unexpected to them as much as it was to me. But thanks to this site, I knew that few people before me got the same problem and I predicted it would probably happen to me too. So we paid the fee and uploaded the receipt.

January 28th, 2020: I got an email from my consultant, which says my application got approved and my status is valid until January 27th, 2023. Finally, after seven months, I got my 3-year PGWP approved.

These were definitely some of the most intense and anxious months I have been through. Canada's cold weather definitely was not helping LOL. The conflicting information I have received is also making me exhausted. Even IRCC has different answers three months apart. Nonetheless, I hope everybody else gets their applications approved as soon as possible!

To anybody who is going to apply PGWP by themselves: Make sure to check twice, thrice, even four times before hitting the submit button. Don't make the same stupid as I did! I know the joy after graduation is enormous and you are eager to travel or job hunt. BUT PLEASE TAKE YOUR APPLICATION SERIOUSLY! It is easy but it will cost you money and energy if you overlook one single mistake.

To all the friends who got their PGWP application refused or have to go through the restoration process, please don't lose hope, seek professional help right away! Also, keep track of the timeline and story shared by people on here to assess your anticipated receive date and issues you might encounter.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

interstu98

Feb 7, 2020
Finally, it's my time to share my timeline! Today my consultant sent me the approval letter for my PGWP + Restoration.

June 10th, 2019: 1st PGWP Application after my convocation on June 6th.The date of my letter of completion is late May.

June 21st, 2019: I started working while waiting for my PGWP to be approved.

September 30th, 2019: My study permit expiry date.

October 10th, 2019: I received an email from IRCC and saw a refusal letter. I had not expected any of this as I thought I had done everything right and checked my online portal every other day. To my surprise, I found out that I uploaded my digital photo twice and no proof of degree completion was attached. In the letter, it says my temporary resident status expired on October 9th, 2019.

The next day, I called IRCC at 8 am right when they opened the line. After speaking with an agent, I learned that my solution should be applying for restoration of status as a worker and PGWP at the same time. Unfortunately, I had to quit my work. I contacted an immigration consultant right away and their advice was also to restore as a worker and PGWP application at the same time.

October 24th, 2019: We submitted the application. It was still within the 180 days timeframe according to the new policy implemented last year.

January 24th, 2020: Because I routinely read the threads on this site about restoration and PGWP. I started to panic because I saw people applied after I did got their PGWP approved. I called the IRCC hotline again at 8 o'clock in the morning and got told by the agent they already sent a notice to my consultant that I should apply to restore my status as a student in order to get PGWP and I needed to pay the extra $150 study extension fee for them to process my file. Soon after, I confirmed this with my consultant. This was unexpected to them as much as it was to me. But thanks to this site, I knew that few people before me got the same problem and I predicted it would probably happen to me too. So we paid the fee and uploaded the receipt.

January 28th, 2020: I got an email from my consultant, which says my application got approved and my status is valid until January 27th, 2023. Finally, after seven months, I got my 3-year PGWP approved.

These were definitely some of the most intense and anxious months I have been through. Canada's cold weather definitely was not helping LOL. The conflicting information I have received is also making me exhausted. Even IRCC has different answers three months apart. Nonetheless, I hope everybody else gets their applications approved as soon as possible!

To anybody who is going to apply PGWP by themselves: Make sure to check twice, thrice, even four times before hitting the submit button. Don't make the same stupid as I did! I know the joy after graduation is enormous and you are eager to travel or job hunt. BUT PLEASE TAKE YOUR APPLICATION SERIOUSLY! It is easy but it will cost you money and energy if you overlook one single mistake.

To all the friends who got their PGWP application refused or have to go through the restoration process, please don't lose hope, seek professional help right away! Also, keep track of the timeline and story shared by people on here to assess your anticipated receive date and issues you might encounter.

Good luck everyone!
Hi
Congrats on getting ur PGWP. Based on what you said, when we would be out of status after PGWP refusal, we need to apply for study permit ($150), restoration ($200), and PGWP ($255). Is that right? How did you submit your application? By paper or online? Where did you send it if you sent it by paper?

Reactions: Miracle2018

Uravashi

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Hi all ...my work permit got refused because of applying wrong ..after that my consultant told me to apply for restoration of status as a visitor ..so I applied on November 2018 but no reply till now ..can anyone tell me how long will it take ..S anyone in my situation
Have u get visitor restoration?
If yes then how did u get work permit after that?

Jan 9, 2021
Hi i got pgwp refusal because of completing only 1 course in a semester but i have a valid explanation and proof of what happened.. what are the chances of getting 3 yr PGWP after reapplying with explanation?

I am out of status too i need to apply for restoration status also

Do any one faced or having similar situation?

Reason:

In 3rd semester i have 4 subjects i passed in 1 subject and while doing other 2 subjects my CAQ got expired so college removed me from doing that courses because of not having valid CAQ even though i applied before expiry

And after getting my CAQ i did my courses according to schedule given by management

Jasbirmariner

Jul 23, 2021
Hi my i got refusal on my bridging open work permit and have applied for restoration of status on Feb 13, 2022. Anyone knows how much time it takes to the decision on the application?

sassysasis

Dec 21, 2017
Hi my i got refusal on my bridging open work permit and have applied for restoration of status on Feb 13, 2022. Anyone knows how much time it takes to the decision on the application?
Before covid, the processing time is 2 months, but right now they said it could take up to 6 months