+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

one2much

Jul 5, 2015
Hi everybody,
I am leaving my time line for future reference as I am waiting for a new open work permit and restoration of status.

NOC: 7252
PNP: AINP

Work permit expiring date: 30/06/2016
Implied status end date: 28/07/2016 work permit refused because I did not have the AOR from PNP
New work permit and restoration of status request: 16/09/2016

At present, my application is still being processed and a final decision has not been made despite the fact that I now have an AOR.
Also, two days ago, I had an appointment with an MP assistant in regards to my application have exceeded the IRCC processing time. Received a phone call from the MP assistant, today, informing that IRCC should have a decision by the end of the month.

From what I have been reading, each case has its own particularities and one should not speculate or extrapolate conclusion however I would really appreciate you imput on somehow similar situations.
Cheers

ps: with the exception of the PR application, all others have been made online through myCIC web page.

WorriedSpouse

Aug 28, 2016
one2much said:
Hi everybody,
I am leaving my time line for future reference as I am waiting for a new open work permit and restoration of status.

NOC: 7252
PNP: AINP

Work permit expiring date: 30/06/2016
Implied status end date: 28/07/2016 work permit refused because I did not have the AOR from PNP
New work permit and restoration of status request: 16/09/2016

At present, my application is still being processed and a final decision has not been made despite the fact that I now have an AOR.
Also, two days ago, I had an appointment with an MP assistant in regards to my application have exceeded the IRCC processing time. Received a phone call from the MP assistant, today, informing that IRCC should have a decision by the end of the month.

From what I have been reading, each case has its own particularities and one should not speculate or extrapolate conclusion however I would really appreciate you imput on somehow similar situations.
Cheers

Hi, please i just sent you a personal message

ps: with the exception of the PR application, all others have been made online through myCIC web page.

WorriedSpouse

Aug 28, 2016
My husband has sent in pr application with AINP but no file number yet. Also his application for work permit extension got refused. Now i am trying to find the best option to restore status. We are on day 2 of the 90days. If he is able to get a new job offer in NOC A B or O, can we use this to apply? How do we go about the application? Will the new employer have to give LMIA or is he LMiA exempt because he has provincial nomination? Does anybody have a lawyer who helped them with restoration that I can contacf? Please i am really depressed right now and i will appreciate a response.

WorriedSpouse

Aug 28, 2016
Gurmeet87 said:
Hello everyone
I got my wp today
Date applied for wp and status restoration (online)
June 23, 2016
Wp recived July 27, 2016
Exactly 34 days process as stated on cic website

Good luck to everyone
Hi, how did you do it? Please show me how. I need to apply for my hisband. Do you have a lawyer? I also sent you a personal message. Thanks

bok12

Dec 16, 2016
Hi everyone! I am under live in caregiver program and I did send my application for a renew work permit last August 2016, still I am currently waiting for it. Do you think, I can apply for PR without my renew work permit? If yes/no, what am I supposed to do? thank you

lgvk

Jan 2, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the processing time for Restoration of Status as a worker? I sent my work permit application on Nov 8, 2016, and yet no news.

Thank you

rnkhouse

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
lgvk said:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the processing time for Restoration of Status as a worker? I sent my work permit application on Nov 8, 2016, and yet no news.

Thank you
Paper application?

lgvk

Jan 2, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,

I am leaving my timeline here:

Applied Spousal Work permit and Restoration (Online): Nov 8, 2016
Work Permit and Status Restored: Jan 13, 2017

Good luck everyone!

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Guys, Just wondering if anyone applied for the work permit restoration recently. I applied online for restoration and a closed work permit through my Employer on December 12. I am a AINP nominee with a LMIA-exempt support letter. My employer has paid the Employer compliance fee and submitted an Offer of Employment online. After I have applied online, I got the AOR and uploaded in support of my work permit application through Case Specific Enquiry. Its been one month already and my employer is pushing me for the decision from cic.

Any idea when i can have a decision from cic? please suggest me with your timeline and if i have anything to do except waiting.....

Thanks for your feedback.

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
Hi Izzy2016,

I'm in the exact same situation than you except that I'm living in qc. I submitted mine online the day after yours on December 13th.

Still no news. I called cic three times : first time the agent said the actual restoration processing time is time for WP + 12 weeks for restoration itself. The other times both agents said they are unable to give me details about processing times since it's very different for every case.

My first lawyer said there no additional time due to restoration but I'm already over the current wp processing time ... my current lawyer told me I should get an answer within six or eight weeks.

People on this thread had it within a month and four months , sometimes more.

So basically no one knows when ones getting their restoration .. that's frustrating .

I'm planning on calling my lawyer and cic this week, if I get any update I'll let you know !!

Good luck.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Eva26 said:
Hi Izzy2016,

I'm in the exact same situation than you except that I'm living in qc. I submitted mine online the day after yours on December 13th.

Still no news. I called cic three times : first time the agent said the actual restoration processing time is time for WP + 12 weeks for restoration itself. The other times both agents said they are unable to give me details about processing times since it's very different for every case.

My first lawyer said there no additional time due to restoration but I'm already over the current wp processing time ... my current lawyer told me I should get an answer within six or eight weeks.

People on this thread had it within a month and four months , sometimes more.

So basically no one knows when ones getting their restoration .. that's frustrating .

I'm planning on calling my lawyer and cic this week, if I get any update I'll let you know !!

Good luck.
Thank you very much for the info. So your application is still "Open" or "On Hold" ?? My employer is pushing me as they give me the timeline to have the WP till Feb 10. I dont think they will wait after that. By the way, did you apply for closed WP through your Employer? did you apply for PR and have AOR? Please let me know as soon as you have any news on your application. Thanks

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
I don't know because it's my lawyer who has the online access to my application but I just emailed him to ask him to tell me what it says exactly and to give me an update about processing time. When I call cic and I enter my application number the voice says my application is currently in Process but I have no further details.

I'm sorry to hear that your employer is not willing to wait but who knows, maybe you'll get it on time :)

I indeed applied for closed WP through my employer. For now he's patient even though I've been off work since November 8th but if it takes several months I'm not sure I will still have the job.

I'm also waiting for my PR, applied 2016, may 5th. Got the AOR on august, 16th and got the medical exam in November . Are you still waiting for your AOR ?

Anyways as soon as I get an update I'll let you know !

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Eva26 said:
I don't know because it's my lawyer who has the online access to my application but I just emailed him to ask him to tell me what it says exactly and to give me an update about processing time. When I call cic and I enter my application number the voice says my application is currently in Process but I have no further details.

I'm sorry to hear that your employer is not willing to wait but who knows, maybe you'll get it on time :)

I indeed applied for closed WP through my employer. For now he's patient even though I've been off work since November 8th but if it takes several months I'm not sure I will still have the job.

I'm also waiting for my PR, applied 2016, may 5th. Got the AOR on august, 16th and got the medical exam in November . Are you still waiting for your AOR ?

Anyways as soon as I get an update I'll let you know !
Thanks for your quick response. Actually, I applied for BOWP on last October 4. They refused my BOWP on November 25 as I did not have my AOR at that time. After that, I applied for closed WP online through my employer without AOR on December 12 through a local immigration consultant. I did get the AOR on Dec 18 and uploaded through case specific enquiry in support of WP application. Now, just waiting...
Just wondering, did they refuse your WP application previously even though you had the AOR, MedicaL....?? That sounds annoying...

Please keep us posted.. Thanks