+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Spate203

Apr 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

I applied for study permit restoration by online on 9th december. Still i did not get any reply.. It has been more than 4 months.. i am so worried now.. Anyone is here in same boat with me or not?? Please reply guys..

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Hi Spate

I also applied for restoration as a visitor in January and it has been said to take about 4 - 5 months but keep in mind October applicants were now receiving responses in March. So give or take that time has been extended to 6 months processing time, just hang in there. If you have given all correct documentation and paid correct fees then don't worry about it. You will get it in due time, a lot of backlogs.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016

hx7697

Apr 17, 2015
Spate203 said:
Hello everyone,

I applied for study permit restoration by online on 9th december. Still i did not get any reply.. It has been more than 4 months.. i am so worried now.. Anyone is here in same boat with me or not?? Please reply guys..
Hi, may I ask why you applied for restoration? Was it because of the rejection of study permit extension? Or you just missed the expire date on your study permit?

hx7697

Apr 17, 2015
Spate203 said:
May be I will receieve it by end of the May.. What is your situation??
My study permit extension got reject due to some silly mistake I made, so i have to apply for restoration. I just applied on Mar 28, hopefully i can get my paperwork back before the Fall term

hx7697

Apr 17, 2015
Spate203 said:
Which mistake did you make???
I didn't provide the letter of enrolment at the time I applied (I only gave them letter of acceptance) so I wasn't able to proof I am a student who is taking course.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
When it comes to restoration of status it does not depend on your situation, it depends on when you sent in your application and it will take months. so just have to wait it out. If you sent your application march you should expect a response 4 -5 months from now.

hx7697

Apr 17, 2015
HoPe90 said:
When it comes to restoration of status it does not depend on your situation, it depends on when you sent in your application and it will take months. so just have to wait it out. If you sent your application march you should expect a response 4 -5 months from now.
Thank you. Yes, I'm prepared to wait 4-5 months. It's just when i read posts, some people did get their permit back within 2 months, so just wondering maybe depends on situation. But i think they are just lucky! lol. BTW, you can try to contact the MP, one of my classmate he got his study permit back in 1.5 months, he reached out a MP and that MP helped him. It's an option worth to give it a try.

FRENDZ

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Passport Req..
27-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2016
LANDED..........
10-06-2016
Hi everyone
Just wanted to share some information regarding Restoration of status and extension of PGWP
My PGWP was issued to the expiry of passport, November 2015
I sent paper application, it was received in Vegriville Alberta in October
My Application was returned on January 26 2016 because of wrong amount of fee paid( paid $155 instead of $255)
I had PNP nomination and Work permit support letter from PNP.

So i went to the boarder
and before crossing the boarder or flag polling, i went into the CBSA office and talked to an immigration officer, told him the situation and showed him the PNP WP support letter and Application returned letter from CIC.
He checked everything in the system and then asked me to flagpole so that he can extend my PGWP.
So I got my status restored and PGWP extended at a boarder.

So i would suggest that before crossing the boarder towards US, try to go into the office and talk to the officer. Because if your visa and permit are expired and you flagpole( then you might face complications while entering back in Canada). But if you talk to the officer first then you would not have to face any complications. If the reponse is positive, go ahead and flagpole, if the response is negative, then you have the application option through CIC anyways.

If someone lives close to the boarder, i would suggest that they should definitely give it a shot, it is a 50/50 chance.
But i think it is worth it.
you wont have to wait 4 -5 months if you get it at the boarder.

GOD BLESS ALL

hx7697

Apr 17, 2015
FRENDZ said:
Hi everyone
Just wanted to share some information regarding Restoration of status and extension of PGWP
My PGWP was issued to the expiry of passport, November 2015
I sent paper application, it was received in Vegriville Alberta in October
My Application was returned on January 26 2016 because of wrong amount of fee paid( paid $155 instead of $255)
I had PNP nomination and Work permit support letter from PNP.

So i went to the boarder
and before crossing the boarder or flag polling, i went into the CBSA office and talked to an immigration officer, told him the situation and showed him the PNP WP support letter and Application returned letter from CIC.
He checked everything in the system and then asked me to flagpole so that he can extend my PGWP.
So I got my status restored and PGWP extended at a boarder.

So i would suggest that before crossing the boarder towards US, try to go into the office and talk to the officer. Because if your visa and permit are expired and you flagpole( then you might face complications while entering back in Canada). But if you talk to the officer first then you would not have to face any complications. If the reponse is positive, go ahead and flagpole, if the response is negative, then you have the application option through CIC anyways.

If someone lives close to the boarder, i would suggest that they should definitely give it a shot, it is a 50/50 chance.
But i think it is worth it.
you wont have to wait 4 -5 months if you get it at the boarder.

GOD BLESS ALL
Thanks for your sharing! It's good to hear that you were succeeded. But I already hand in the restoration application, do you think i can still go the boarder to ask them?