+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Melo_8903

Aug 10, 2013
Hi everyone,

Happy to read this forum and find I am not the only one in this situation.
My study permit and Visa expried on July 30th, 2013 and immidiately stop my study afterwards.
I find most of you spend 3-6 months to wait for restoration and can not study or work meawhile.
currently I am still waiting for the letter from my school to state my new graduate time(sometime next year.). I am consider if I should apply for restore at Canada or go back to my country, since I got nothing to do here and I can at least doing some work or study at my country.
But I have been told that there is a greater chance I will be rejected if I am applying a new study permit outside canada, and I need to wait for 180 days when I going back to my country and then start to apply. I tried to find any support documents and nothing is available. just wandering if someone can give me any help.

so, happy to be a part of you guys and wish all the best for us.

Melo_8903

Aug 10, 2013
saaz87 said:
Your local member of parliament. Just do a Google search on who is the MP of your area and mail him/her.
Hi Saaz,

I have just visity my local MP yesterday and he took some notes of my situation. Since I did not hand in my application of restoration, he told me there is nothing he could do for me at this point. I am still waiting for the letter of acceptance from my school. I just wandering if you know how would a local MP help you on your application.

Sincerely,

Melo.

bondbond

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Gr24 - Did you apply online or paper. When was your application sent to restoration dept ?

Jezz_18

Aug 9, 2013
Hi guys,I've been reading a lot of your updates here. Im in the same situation as most of you here. I Pass my application for Restoration + Work Permit online June 28,2013. I call them today but they just told me that my file just transfered on July 26. And told me to wait till October.. So frustrating..

Gr24

Aug 10, 2013
@bondbond - i did apply online. actually id never asked about when it was transferred to restoration dept. The agent told me to wait one more month and if by September, havent got my permit yet, thats the only time they would do any actions.

Jun 8, 2013
I am normally patient but my application for restoration of work permit that I sent and received by Cic on jan 23 is still in the process.. It's nearly 7 months of waiting :(( I have read all the messages here and by far I am waiting too long now for my WP longer than others. I don't understand if its refused then why can't they not refused it right away instead of me waiting then by the end it's refused :(((

bondbond

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Annabeyella - Did u call them up ? I believe you should call them as its pretty long for you. Hope to hear good from you.

ahmedsaid5059

Aug 14, 2013
I submitted my application for work permit on 12may 2013.(around 3 month) and until now no any news what can I do
plz help me

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
Ok everyone, I have read every post here and havent seen any case similar to mine. Let me know if anyone has had a similar case like mine. Here's my situation.

I applied for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) on June 17th 2013 and the application was refused because the transcript I submitted did not show that my grades had been granted.

Somehow, I missed an email from school that asked everyone to apply to graduate. I had thought that after completing my diploma, the grades would automatically be granted. I proceeded to apply for Post Graduate Work Permit thinking my transcript was complete. By the time I received the refusal for my application on August 7th 2013, my study permit had expired a week earlier which lead to my loss of status. My study permit expired while I was waiting for a response on my application.

Got a refusal letter from CIC asking me to restore my status within 90days. I was asked to pay $200 for restoration, $150 for work permit and $125 for study permit= $475 total.

Sent in application online yesterday and hoping to get a quick response.

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
ahmedsaid5059 said:
I submitted my application for work permit on 12may 2013.(around 3 month) and until now no any news what can I do
plz help me
Ahmed I strongly suggest you call them if you applied online

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
Annabeyella Pumpkin said:
I am normally patient but my application for restoration of work permit that I sent and received by Cic on jan 23 is still in the process.. It's nearly 7 months of waiting :(( I have read all the messages here and by far I am waiting too long now for my WP longer than others. I don't understand if its refused then why can't they not refused it right away instead of me waiting then by the end it's refused :(((
Please call CIC and request information on your application. Here is their number 18882422100 if you dont have it

bondbond

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any restorations this week ? Seems like the processing is random in the restoration dept. and not sequentially. Lets hope for the best