+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

honeysheng

Apr 11, 2013
Hi everyone!
I work as a Live-in Caregiver since 2008
CIC started processing my PR application - dec 1, 2010
Decision Made - november 29, 2012 (letter date)
work Permit valid until december 5, 2012. Applied for renewal of work permit on November 5, 2012 but returned on dec 27, 2012 because of a missing signature on one page. In the letter, I was instructed to apply for restoration of status in addition to the work permit (and submit w/in 90 days).
I applied for restoration of status on February 7, 2013 but it was forwarded to the wrong processing unit in CIC Vegrevile (according to an agent I spoke with). He said they transferred my application on march 20 to the unit which handles restoration. which will be considered as the start of processing? Feb 7 or March 20?
Im so worried and frustrated now. Thanks

Spawn

Apr 13, 2013
I applied for a restoration of status on January 10th and I am still waiting for it to be processed. Does anybody know if I could cross the border and do a walk-in in one of the cic centers and get it approved in a day? I have a US visa.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi Everyone,
I got my WP and mistakenly posted in the wrong forum...My apologies.

Here's what i should have posted on here:

Hi everyone.
Got my Extension of Work Permit in the mail today . Says it was signed 19th of April.

Here's my Timeline
Online Appilication Sent:March 11th
Work permit received: April 26th.

I pray that everyone who is waiting or sending their applications will also receive the same good news by God's grace.
Stay blessed everyone.

Reactions: Miracle2018

bancanada

May 29, 2012
Congrats julsen, was your application extention of work permit or restorationof status work permit. Pls if you were waiting for your restoration and you have gotten it pls update us. It's not nice to be silent after receiving your response so many of us are waiting to learnfrom your experience. Thanks

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
bancanada said:
Congrats julsen, was your application extention of work permit or restorationof status work permit. Pls if you were waiting for your restoration and you have gotten it pls update us. It's not nice to be silent after receiving your response so many of us are waiting to learnfrom your experience. Thanks
Thanks bancanada.
My application was for extension of work permit.
Once again, my sincere apologies. I was so excited on learning the good news and had to get it out that i posted it in the wrong forum.
I'll be glad to help any one who needs any help with their application for extension. I did mine online.
Have a great weekend people.
God bless.

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Don't worry, I also did it online and they email me that my status as restored and within 1 week I receive my permit in the mail so goodluck!

stephencillian

Aug 1, 2012
Thanks very much sweetie pie I've been waiting since January 26th for restoration and work permit.
Seems so long since I applied

Jan 28, 2013
same here..applied on jan 30th still waiting...and its really frustrating now...everyday checking my mail box and everyday getting disappointed.... :( :( :mad: ???

cysmini

May 17, 2013
is it anyone can tell me the email address of on-line department that i can send a email to check my application status, thanks

bancanada

May 29, 2012
its 2 month I submitted my application now and I am getting worried, I submitted on the 18th of march and was told it has been transferred to the restoration department since the 24th of march when I called the contact center. is any one in my situation im tired of waiting. has anyone that submitted around that time gotten his/ her status restored? pls lets rub minds together. thanks

bancanada

May 29, 2012
I guess yours is taking so long cos your file was just opened in april or so according to your earlier post.maybe there was a technical problem when you submitted, you need to start counting from gthe day your file was opened, mine was opened on the 24th of march so my 16 weeks count should be from then, but I pray its not up to that cos sweetpie got hers so soon. I pray I get it before the end of the month.