+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

himz786

Oct 29, 2012
Hi gaminggecko28

so yaa I am still waiting. and yeah when I called them I also got the same answer that your decision will be taken on or before 15th of feb if not please call us back ..... lets hope it will come by this month .. 8) please keep me posted !! Thanx.

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Hi wanna be aren! did they refuse your extension of your work permit? and y did they refuse it? are you working with the same employer cause i don't understand y u need a Lmo. I did not get a new LMO cause i am going to work with the same employer.

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
Hey klemzo, have u called CIC to get status update on ur application.

I applied online and when i called CIC last week , they told me that they couldnt find my file and want to send email to them to get update on my file.
Is it same with you too??

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Yeah i have called them several times they told me the same thing they tell you. They told me to send an email to the online department which I have done but haven't heard anything from them. I am so worried :(

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klemzo said:
Yeah i have called them several times they told me the same thing they tell you. They told me to send an email to the online department which I have done but haven't heard anything from them. I am so worried :(
Just be patient. When I applied for restoration, the quoted time for me was work permit application processing time + 8 weeks for restoration. And the WP processing times kept changing weekly. Total time until I got restoration of status was 130+ days.

The calls to CIC call centre were not fruitful, as they will not have any updates during the processing period.

Just hang in there....

joyparreno

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 30 2013
Med's Request
Jan 07 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 14 2014
Interview........
March 8 2014
Passport Req..
February 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa on hand March 28 2014
LANDED..........
March 08 2014
Do you think there is something wrong with the online website of CiC? I had read from above that the reason for refusal of issuing a working permit extension is because of passport.I have the same problem, my passport is crispy Newly renewed( I mean saying it coz I cant believe that the reason for my refusal is because The immigration officer said that I don't have a valid travel document)..Which is not true, I havemy passport that will expire on Nov 2017.This is really rediculous.I found it as a scam to just get another $350 dollars from us.I am wondering if there is other way that we can do other than apply for restoration :(

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
That's how it goes joyparreno, you need to get cracking on your restoration application and its a long wait too. i am also waiting.

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
@ joyparreno the only other way is the paper application and that takes forever more than the online application.

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Here is an update on my application. I sent the online department an email 2weeks ago regarding my application and they forwarded the mail to the department in charge of restoration, they replied me this morning and below is their exact response:

Good morning,

Your application has been received, however due to technical difficulties, it was not sent for action. Thank you for your email, as the error has been flagged and your application will be processed immediately. We will advise you of any developments.

Thank you for your continued patience,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada.

So I will advice if you submitted your application online and it is more than 16weeks of waiting please contact the online departmet through email, becuse as you can see they are always having technical difficulties.

joyparreno

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 30 2013
Med's Request
Jan 07 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 14 2014
Interview........
March 8 2014
Passport Req..
February 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa on hand March 28 2014
LANDED..........
March 08 2014
It's just very frustrating.I've spoken to a top immigration officer(unfortunately,she can't help me because the office in Ottawa is titally different from that on Alberta).He advised me to send a letter to Immigration Alberta for reopening my case/application. He believe that it was the processing officer's fault or could be the faulty website(since I applied via online. He advised that I should let them know so this kind of problem won't happen to others. Together with my letter, I have to print all the documents needed. And also I have a witness that I sent all the documents needed, I have yo have that letter ftom the witness addressed to them. I will give them 4 weeks and if I will not hear anything from them, I will apply for the restoration.I hope these will work.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi,
From reading your threads, it seems there is a problem with sending online applications.
I'm also LIC and about to apply for extension of my WP. But from what i've just read here, i wonder if i should post the paper aplication.
It'll be quite frustrating to send your application online with all supporting documents, only to be told you didn't upload your passport of all things. It costs money to re-apply,not to mention the agonizing wait.
Please did any of you get a reply from CIC or your WP yet?

Also, please can anyone walk me through the process? Do i just scan the documents one by one?. And what's the link to online application?
Thanks

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
@ joyparreno I will advice you not to waste your time and apply for restoration immediately to avoid further delay. And bear in mind that you have upto 90 days to apply for restoration, after 90 days elapses you no longer qualify to apply.

@Julsen I havent gotten a reply yet and I will advice you to submit with paper application although it takes more time to process but it is safer. To apply online visit the cic website and follow the link provided.