Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Does anyone know what the current processing time is for restoration of status as a Work Permit? Does it coincide with the current work permit processing time?

I am lost as there is absolutely no information on this, and I am looking for help from someone facing the same experience or someone who has had their status restored recently to share their experience. Let's gather here and help each other.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Does anyone know what the current processing time is for restoration of status as a Work Permit? Does it coincide with the current work permit processing time?

I am lost as there is absolutely no information on this, and I am looking for help from someone facing the same experience or someone who has had their status restored recently to share their experience. Let's gather here and help each other.
Why did you apply for restoration of status? What happened

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
My SOWP extension was refused, so I had to file for restoration. I don't have a valid TRV, so couldn't flagpole, so the only option was to restore. The PR application is also in progress, which is all stages complete, but it's not moving to finalize stage. I am confused about whether the restoration application is affecting the finalization of the PR application. The restoration application is almost at the current work permit processing time limit, but I haven't heard anything about it yet. I cannot work, and this infinite wait is a really frustrating experience with no end in sight. Anyone with a similar situation, please help and shed some light on your experience.

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,
one of my friend applied for Restoration with PGWP, its been 6 months did not get any response. the worst thing is that he lost access to his account and not able to recover the pasword as he lost the passcode also. now he is not able to recover the password and not able to link his account.

he raised couple of web forms and everytime he gets that all the requirement documents were submitted and nothing to do anything from his side. now applied for GCMS notes and waiting for the response.
just wondering is there anyone else in the same situation. and what to do ?

Thanks in advance

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Hi Everyone,
one of my friend applied for Restoration with PGWP, its been 6 months did not get any response. the worst thing is that he lost access to his account and not able to recover the pasword as he lost the passcode also. now he is not able to recover the password and not able to link his account.

he raised couple of web forms and everytime he gets that all the requirement documents were submitted and nothing to do anything from his side. now applied for GCMS notes and waiting for the response.
just wondering is there anyone else in the same situation. and what to do ?

Thanks in advance
yeah, it's really bad out there with them processing applications randomly. There is no sequence at all, I am waiting for my restoration, nearing 3.5 months now. If they don't have a process to complete these applications in time, then they should stop people from applying for restoration as waiting without work inside Canada is of no help, it just keeps adding to the stress with a big black hole process.

Joe22231

Apr 25, 2024
@kkincanada? Have you received any
@Rahulhadiya Did you receive any update yet? I see your BOWP was refused, so i assume your PR is also in progress, is that correct? if yes, where has it progressed so far while you have been waiting for restoration?
yeah, it's really bad out there with them processing applications randomly. There is no sequence at all, I am waiting for my restoration, nearing 3.5 months now. If they don't have a process to complete these applications in time, then they should stop people from applying for restoration as waiting without work inside Canada is of no help, it just keeps adding to the stress with a big black hole process.
hello have you received any updates? I’m in same situation. I got refusal for wp applied using oinp support letter, thankfully i had lmia so I applied in march 20. Its been more than a month so far. Please let me know if you have any updates? Thank you