+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for re-lodgement of visa application

Ramneek30

Dec 28, 2017
I got a refusal for my first application on July 02, Reason Given: The applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b). I discussed the same with consultant and re-apply for the visa again on June 23 after changing my SOP.
Since, my Biometric, Medical everything was already approved, how long will it take now for IRCC to give decision??

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I got a refusal for my first application on July 02, Reason Given: The applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b). I discussed the same with consultant and re-apply for the visa again on June 23 after changing my SOP.
Since, my Biometric, Medical everything was already approved, how long will it take now for IRCC to give decision??
Processing time for re-applications is not shorter just because you have passed bio and medical previously. Chances are your application will not processed in time for September 2021 intake.

Ramneek30

Dec 28, 2017
Processing time for re-applications is not shorter just because you have passed bio and medical previously. Chances are your application will not processed in time for September 2021 intake.
Thanks for your quick reply @wonderbly . So you suggest I should get further deferred to Jan 2022 ? I already deferred it from May to Sept

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your quick reply @wonderbly . So you suggest I should get further deferred to Jan 2022 ? I already deferred it from May to Sept
Did you order GCMS notes and change your course/program (reason for refusal education/employment history) or just reapply. You most likely need to defer.

Sblue

May 19, 2021
I reapplied too on 28 June and awaiting visa desperately as my deadline to inform uni is 06 August. I emailed them today that if incase my visa doesnt come through, ill email them on the last day. Seen some application turnaround of one month so wait it out.