+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Quebec Selection Certificate.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
encrypted2011 said:
Waivers are not typically given to non-Francophone countries, even if you have more than the required points.

The average waiting time for Indians on this forum is 2+ years.
No I wouldn't completely agree as there is a forum member from India got a waiver exactly one year after they submitted their file it happened in January 2013.Its all depends on your file AOT.Its not strictly 3 years if you are an Indian....

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
encrypted2011 said:
it will take at least 2.5 years to get the CSQ
you have to wait for the initial letter (AOR)
once you have the CSQ, you can add another 2 years for federal part.
Do you know India is faster in processing the federal applications.I have know people who got their federal stage complete in less than 8 months.I can bet there are loads of Indians who got their CSQ in 1 year but all depends on ur AOT and other factors.

arunkumarsbcn

Sep 7, 2013
Jenalby said:
Do you know India is faster in processing the federal applications.I have know people who got their federal stage complete in less than 8 months.I can bet there are loads of Indians who got their CSQ in 1 year but all depends on ur AOT and other factors.
I also a Graduate nurse from India striving to move to Canada through various means. I have been waiting for FSWP for the past 2 years (due to financial constraints as well) but last year FSWP was temporarily closed and this year nurses are excluded from the occupation list from FSWP. I am confused whether to wait till May 2014 to seek FSWP or to apply now for CSQ and then proceed further.

if I apply for CSQ - I have to wait for a longer period. (minimum 1.5 year for CSQ then 1.5 yrs for PR = minimum 3 yrs to land there)
If I get a seat for FSWP next year (May 2014) then, I may land in Canada within a year from then i.e. May 2015
IF I cannot get any quota under FSWP in the coming May, then I have file for a CSQ in May 2014.
Meanwhile, I have difficulty in showing bank statement of 7 lakhs for FSWP even if i get a visa next year.

so Shall I proceed with applying for a CSQ or to wait further for FSWP visa opportunity?

Please, assist me in making this decision

encrypted2011

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
Jenalby said:
No I wouldn't completely agree as there is a forum member from India got a waiver exactly one year after they submitted their file it happened in January 2013.Its all depends on your file AOT.Its not strictly 3 years if you are an Indian....
We are talking about exceptions and averages.

There may be the exception or odd case. Maybe it's an Indian living in Montreal or US.

CSQ is not related to federal processing.

Arifur Rahman

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied at May 2013. Will my AOT apply in now list. Kindly any one help.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
encrypted2011 said:
We are talking about exceptions and averages.

There may be the exception or odd case. Maybe it's an Indian living in Montreal or US.

CSQ is not related to federal processing.
No it was an Indian from India only.
I talked abt the federal processing cos there was a post abt it that federal processing takes 2 years but its less than a year so I was just confirming that.
Ya I do agree the exceptions but if u check what are the exceptions people wouldn't have submitted a complete file so there would have been an request for document n all these problems ,but they won't say instead it they blindly post it's taking 7 years for whole process.
What I wanted to convey here let's all stay positive and let our words be encouraging to people around us,let us not put their hopes down.we must always see the green side of everything...

arunkumarsbcn

Sep 7, 2013
Jenalby said:
No it was an Indian from India only.
I talked abt the federal processing cos there was a post abt it that federal processing takes 2 years but its less than a year so I was just confirming that.
Ya I do agree the exceptions but if u check what are the exceptions people wouldn't have submitted a complete file so there would have been an request for document n all these problems ,but they won't say instead it they blindly post it's taking 7 years for whole process.
What I wanted to convey here let's all stay positive and let our words be encouraging to people around us,let us not put their hopes down.we must always see the green side of everything...
Thank you for your positive Quote. a positive thinking and Being positive is very important in one's life.

Trying for something in one's development is far far better than not trying anything.

Whenever I regret for something, I go through this message in my mind.
"If you want to make God really laugh, just tell him your future plans. God will laugh at your innocence because he has something better than what you desire"

Arifur Rahman

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
In AOT priority list only nursing will get priority ?? or other 12 point like Air and CSE get same priority. Is any one have any idea???

arunkumarsbcn

Sep 7, 2013
Arifur Rahman said:
Hello,
In AOT priority list only nursing will get priority ?? or other 12 point like Air and CSE get same priority. Is any one have any idea???
the GPI 3-1 document says that

4.1.7 Candidates referred by the primary treatment
Upon receipt of the application, the immigration officer will check whether a request to be treated
as a priority. Such is the case when the candidate or spouse is covered by a job offer approved by the
MICC or when candidate or his spouse is formed in an area with good or relatively good prospects for
professional integration. It should be noted an application in the sub-category of skilled workers in the
filed Program of the Quebec experience should be prioritized before a request deposited in the regular
program.
Thus, applications are filed, upon receipt, in order of priority following:
1. Applications filed in the Quebec Experience Program (PEQ), the if (SEE GPI 3-4, Section 5.1)
2. Applications under a validated job offer
3. Requests the candidate whose field of training or that of his spouse appears on the list of
preferred areas of training and meets 2009 conditions;
4. Requests from other candidates qualified workers.
It is expected that these priority issues are treated within a maximum of 60 working days

so, if your occupation is in the list of preferred areas of training in 2009 then you can claim priority processing.

arunkumarsbcn

Sep 7, 2013
momin.jaweed said:
Hello
What are the step for applying quebec immi . plz help
obtaining a visa under Quebec immigration (under skilled worker) consists of 2 stages

first stage:

1. first apply for a quebec selection certificate commonly known as CSQ
2. attend the selection interview for getting CSQ (somecases get interview waiver)
3. obtain the CSQ

second stage:

4. then apply for PR visa under Quebec skilled worker program to Federal government of Canada
5. get the PR card

Rocks

May 23, 2013
Hello All,
I have a question.
1) Where can i found information on how many points have been awarded based on applicant profile and threshold set by Quebec?
2) I do not speak French but I am fluent in English. Should I apply?

Thanks

Oct 6, 2013
HI.. I need help on this matter. I have read from a site that to qualify for QSWP you need to at least have a year of experience directly related to area of training if you got your degree after 5 years from the time of application. In my case, I graduated last March 2008, BS Nursing in the Philippines.. but my work experience is as a Caregiver in a Nursing Homes abroad.. do you think I still qualify? anyone here with the same case as that of mine? thank you.. hope to hear from you. :)

encrypted2011

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
arunkumarsbcn said:
Thank you for your positive Quote. a positive thinking and Being positive is very important in one's life.

Trying for something in one's development is far far better than not trying anything.

Whenever I regret for something, I go through this message in my mind.
"If you want to make God really laugh, just tell him your future plans. God will laugh at your innocence because he has something better than what you desire"
Unfortunately, the long waiting time is reality and a fact which can be checked by taking a cursory glance of the profiles of most members on this forum (waiting time 2+ years)

Whether, applicants take this fact positively or negative is up to them. However, presenting an inaccurate, 'positive' picture of a short 1 year processing time will only lead to disappointment later.

Arifur Rahman

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,