+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

Ang04

Sep 21, 2020
Has anyone received PPR in US recently? My company had applied for ICT WP on June 10th and I completed biometrics on July 20th.

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Has anyone received an 'Information Letter" recently? i received one today...It basically says, applications are approved...is this different from approval letter?

Mine is an ICT GSS filed by myself from India. Got my BVL by Jul.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Did you get a courier instruction letter from the India VACs?
I received an email on Saturday Nov-7 on what needs to be done.

3 simple steps provided to contact vfs to pay for the courier services and arrange a pickup. A copy of the email is to be sent along with the passport, this is mandatory. Thats about the gist of it rest is usual text template that accompanies any such email from them.

Reactions: Midget

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019

3 simple steps provided to contact vfs to pay for the courier services and arrange a pickup. A copy of the email is to be sent along with the passport, this is mandatory. Thats about the gist of it rest is usual text template that accompanies any such email from them.
Is your's ICT GSS & you submitted your application from India? Also, plz confirm when you received your correspondence letter.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Is your's ICT GSS & you submitted your application from India? Also, plz confirm when you received your correspondence letter.
Mine is an ICT, was submitted when I was in US back in April. I got original passport request in Sep from IRCC and now got the email for 2 way courier in India.

Reactions: basebadger

visa_ca

May 9, 2020
Got Passport requests today for my dependents and I, here is the timeline:
ICT WP and Visitor Permit filed from US on April 9th
Biometrics done on July 13th
Received Passport Request on Sep 11th

I have not sent any employer letter to prioritize my request nor any web forms asking for status. I have returned to India and right now checking with my employer on how to proceed to submit the passports as VAC offices are closed. Will update once I hear next steps.
Please let me know if your US visa was valid or it had expired when you moved back to India and is there an option to continue with existing Canada ICT visa petition even after going back to India or we will need to file a new petition stating that US visa has expired (if yes then how long it would take).

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. So I guess, I will wait for vac intimation. Were you able to submit your passport to blue dart guys? Just wanted to understand how quick VFS guys are. I am in the same boat as yours, ICT application was applied in USA in first quarter of 2020 and while application was in progress , I travelled to India and recently got my passport request letter (though ICT application was approved in June!!!)

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Mine is an ICT, was submitted when I was in US back in April. I got original passport request in Sep from IRCC and now got the email for 2 way courier in India.
Hey @manjunathsr14 , m on same boat, applied when i was in US, travlled back to India in Oct, received BVL and approval email today.

now that we are in India how can we send passports for stamping. Is there a way to connect with you. Please advise. Thanks!

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. So I guess, I will wait for vac intimation. Were you able to submit your passport to blue dart guys? Just wanted to understand how quick VFS guys are. I am in the same boat as yours, ICT application was applied in USA in first quarter of 2020 and while application was in progress , I travelled to India and recently got my passport request letter (though ICT application was approved in June!!!)
Hey, did you updated IRCC about change in lication from US to India

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Hey @manjunathsr14 , m on same boat, applied when i was in US, travlled back to India in Oct, received BVL and approval email today.

now that we are in India how can we send passports for stamping. Is there a way to connect with you. Please advise. Thanks!
Please submit a webform to notify IRCC that you have moved back to India and update your case with your India address. Once this is done IRCC will revert to you stating that they have updated your location and the local office will work on your case.

Delhi office will then send you an email with the details on how to avail their 2-way courier service. It roughly takes about 3-5 weeks for the whole sequence of events to complete and then another couple of weeks for the passport to be sent and returned back to you with the Visa stamping. Again these are indicative timelines and may vary.

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Please submit a webform to notify IRCC that you have moved back to India and update your case with your India address. Once this is done IRCC will revert to you stating that they have updated your location and the local office will work on your case.

Delhi office will then send you an email with the details on how to avail their 2-way courier service. It roughly takes about 3-5 weeks for the whole sequence of events to complete and then another couple of weeks for the passport to be sent and returned back to you with the Visa stamping. Again these are indicative timelines and may vary.
Thanks @manjunathsr14 , This information is very helpful, i will check with my company and let them know about this option. Thanks again for your quick reply. Cheers !

Reactions: manjunathsr14

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hey, did you updated IRCC about change in lication from US to India
Yeah, After I received approval on my application, another member in this group advised me to have the webform submitted for change in communication address, else the usual direction is to have the passport submitted in a VAC in USA. IRCC should be aware that there is change in location, so that region's vac can accept your passport for stamping. I agree with time lines posted by Manjunathsr14 for the whole sequence of events post application approval for cases where ICT application was initiated while applicant was in USA.

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Please let me know if your US visa was valid or it had expired when you moved back to India and is there an option to continue with existing Canada ICT visa petition even after going back to India or we will need to file a new petition stating that US visa has expired (if yes then how long it would take).
I don't think, you will have to reapply for canada visa petition, the original application should continue. In you original application, you might have already indicated till what date you will be in USA (equals to visa expriy date or i94 expiry date) in work history section.

Last edited:

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Yeah, After I received approval on my application, another member in this group advised me to have the webform submitted for change in communication address, else the usual direction is to have the passport submitted in a VAC in USA. IRCC should be aware that there is change in location, so that region's vac can accept your passport for stamping. I agree with time lines posted by Manjunathsr14 for the whole sequence of events post application approval for cases where ICT application was initiated while applicant was in USA.
@Midget , Thank you, hope it works out, Cheers!

Reactions: Midget