+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Time exceeded.

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi Guys

I am hoping someone will be able to advise me regarding my application.

Completed online in the UK

LMIA Approved 19th September 2018
WP Application submitted 21st September
Biometrics submitted 24th September
M/R 27th November
Medical completed 29th November- Submitted 30th November.
Medical Passed 2nd January (they completed it as upfront medical instead of using IME number on medical request. Email sent and linked the two)

It is still stating 'Reviewing Eligibility ' and 'BG check is processing'

Last week the processing time stated 17 weeks which takes it up to this week. However after checking today it has been reduced to 14 weeks yet i'm still waiting a decision. Is this normal? Could anyone advise if there is anything I can do in order to get an update.

(PLEASE....if you think this is a silly question don't reply with rudeness and remember this process is new to a lot of people)

Thank you

FabiVC20

Jul 23, 2015
Hello,

Did you submitted your application online or paper?
You can always try to contact them, go to the Canada.ca (CIC website) immigration section and look under processing times when you enter all the information that applies to you should be a link about exceeding processing time, there is a form that need to be fill out and that way they will email to you any information available and that way you can start a conversation.

Good luck

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi it was online. I’ve sent a web form and email to the LDNIMMIGRATION email...finds crossed I get a reply. They’ve been reviewing my eligibility and BG check since the 4th December and it hasn’t changed since..only to tell me my medical was passed.

Thank you for your response.

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
Anyone have any further advice? I have sent a webform.. but no reply.
Hi, I have nearly the same situation as you. I get the work permit in Sep, and I submitted my visa application via online on 12 Oct 2018.
And it keeps the same status: "we are processing your background check " start 15 Nov.

I also submit the web form to Beijing visa office but not reply. really do not know what I can do...
the company expect me to work there before Nov but now...

Parmeetkaur

May 7, 2019
Hi, I have nearly the same situation as you. I get the work permit in Sep, and I submitted my visa application via online on 12 Oct 2018.
And it keeps the same status: "we are processing your background check " start 15 Nov.

I also submit the web form to Beijing visa office but not reply. really do not know what I can do...
the company expect me to work there before Nov but now...
Hey did you get your visa?

Sumit kakar

May 15, 2019
Hi everyone..i have applied for work permit on 5 DEC 2018...i received a mail on 20 Apr 2019 and asking for addtional document of Employer which my Employer have already submitted after that no updates...anyone got the work permit...pls help

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
Hi everyone..i have applied for work permit on 5 DEC 2018...i received a mail on 20 Apr 2019 and asking for addtional document of Employer which my Employer have already submitted after that no updates...anyone got the work permit...pls help
is Abu Dhabi, UAE your visa office as well? mine is 26 weeks this week and no updates yet :(

fabioalvares

Jul 18, 2019
Hi Guys, I'm having the same problem. Applied 30th May, Biometrics Jun 4th. The processing time for my country is 6 weeks (Brazil). Nothing yet.