+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time changed to 22 months

Frustrated2.0

Star Member
Mar 31, 2022
After a long and frustrating wait time, I just noticed that they officially changed the processing time for Express Entry PNP from 6 to 22 months. They should as well change the name of the program because it is not express anymore.

Reactions: Benady

Towheads101

Mar 21, 2022
After a long and frustrating wait time, I just noticed that they officially changed the processing time for Express Entry PNP from 6 to 22 months. They should as well change the name of the program because it is not express anymore.
Yes. the paper application also jumped from 24 to 27 months.

Towheads101

Mar 21, 2022
How long you have been waiting?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I made a thread about this exactly yesterday.... why was my thread not approved? I even made a table of old and new processing times. Bit strange...

What's stranger is seeing the PNP Paper and PNP EE processing times converge. It could be argued that there isn't even need for one or the other - it's so stupid how they made these two different programs without any real key differences.

IRCC should just make one flat PNP program, force people to use the online portal, work to drive down processing times (I mean, the province has already done most of the work in verifying the authenticity of the applicant, IRCC just has to do the admissibility), and they should be issuing Temporary Work Permits automatically when someone lodges a PNP application to make the whole process streamlined. I was so annoyed that I did all this work in the online PNP portal, only to fill and provide the same forms in my GCKey Temp Work extension application.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello, Is the Express Entry PNP Program you talking about for people that got into Express Entry through a category like Canadian Experience Class and then get nominated by a province ? Or is it a complete separate category ??

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello, Is the Express Entry PNP Program you talking about for people that got into Express Entry through a category like Canadian Experience Class and then get nominated by a province ? Or is it a complete separate category ??
PNP Express Entry and CEC Express Entry are separate streams. CEC remains the easiest and fastest stream for PR.

Reactions: Sarah1980

Maria Odette

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
The way the PNP program is handled is incredibly frustrating, and it is claimed to be a priority for IRCC to support the provinces. Imagine if it wasn't.

Slina

Jun 18, 2021
It appears 22 months is based on the dynamic times not standard ones meaning that’s how long it took for the last 6 months and it will be updated every week. I think we all knew what was happening due to covid screw up but hopefully moving forward this 22 months will not hold as ircc are processing faster many more PRs nowadays.

josh15

Jan 21, 2016
Hi - my brother got nomination approval letter from Manitoba and we applied in express entry with that 2 days ago (we got the ITA last month). We received the AOR immediately. What time can I expect in this case ? Would it be 22 months or less as they basically asked us to submit everything including medical and police clearance. I feel because he is already nominated, lead time might be around 6-7 months ? Any reply would be appreciated.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi - my brother got nomination approval letter from Manitoba and we applied in express entry with that 2 days ago (we got the ITA last month). We received the AOR immediately. What time can I expect in this case ? Would it be 22 months or less as they basically asked us to submit everything including medical and police clearance. I feel because he is already nominated, lead time might be around 6-7 months ? Any reply would be appreciated.
Nobody can give you an answer. We're not immigration officers. No one possibly knows and your speculations are simply a wild guess too. All we know is that CIC is providing dynamic processing times and you can currently expect to wait 22 months - your brother's Manitoba nomination processing time is completely separate from the IRCC Express Entry PNP application. It does not constitute part of it.

The only thing I can reasonably speculate on is that the processing time will likely be faster if he is Inland as IRCC is prioritizing keeping people within Canada right now.

Mek22

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
I think we need to wait and see how things are progressing within April. If times remain and even go above 22 months then it is obvious that PNP Inland is not a priority. IRCC just deceived people by giving false promises of claiming 6 months of processing times and calling the program Express Entry. The solution for this problem is simple, do not issue PNP inland ITAs if you have huge backlogs. Process everything based on a first come first serve basis. No need to have a record number of PNP invitations back to back. This completely undermines the whole program. Once CEC comes back you will see almost no PNP inland applicants. It is obvious 7 vs 22 months. I think they should have kept the progressing times for EEPNP at reasonable ranges of 8-10 months. Anything above 1 year can not be called Express Entry! Sorry, we do not buy that!