+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time Calgary

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nortena said:
Hi Mark, thank you so much for your response. Hopefully my hubby will be taking his test soon and we are trying to make sense of it all. I currently live in the states while he's sponsoring me and we want to prepare for his citizenship. I want to be there for his oath and we hear so many different things from the Calgary office that sometimes we don't even know what to think anymore. If you don't mind me asking, does your brother and sis-in-law live in Calgary? and also do you know their timeline? The reason I ask is because in another post they said they do test/oath same day for ppl living out of Calgary.
Hi Nortena

Yes they are living in Calgary but i don't know their timeline. All i know is that they took their citizenship in 14 months.

mlea

Nov 16, 2009
Im in Calgary, I submitted my papers end of Jan 2012, started process in November 2012 and got my letter for the test at the end of August 2013. I wrote my test today 17 September, they told us right away if we passed or not (i did) and said that we will receive a letter within 1-3 months for the oath ceremony. I did speak with a lady there, they are awesome and very helpful as i had heard that some people do the oath the same day as their test and she said they only do the ceremonies once a week and if youre lucky you write on the same day and they will do both on that day but its not something they always do, its just starting to happen. my wait was approx 18 months. just hold tight, if you wait 12 to 14 months without hearing anything it just means theyre processing your papers, if they needed more information or you didnt qualify or you had any documents or answers wrong or missing you would have heard something from them within the first year or so from submission.

duns

Sep 2, 2009
Hi all

I am also waiting for 13 months now from the receipt of my application. My application started processing in jan 2013.
Anyone knows how long will it take more for my test/oath?

thanks

justmeinyyc

Jan 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally the end is near!

I just received my notice to take the oath on October 10th (I wrote the test on Sept 17th.)
I'm grateful that the test/oath are happening quite quickly.

My timeline is 21 months from application to oath.

mlea

Nov 16, 2009
Applied Citizenship Jan 2012
got Letter to appear for test August 2013
wrote citizenship test September 17th 2013
got letter to appear for oath 23rd September 2013
will take oath on October 10th...WOOOHOOOO!!!

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Congratulations! Another one bites the dust. Hope it's Edmonton's turn next time. Is this a family application?