+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time Bangalore - 2 weeks and still waiting

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Hi Bryanna

I feel that too. He should have return in 2monhts on first visit, but we did not know about this.

You mentioned GCMS notes, can you please explain where could i get this?

I will check and update details list of docs attached with appli.

thanks

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
What info is provided in GCMS notes and usually how long it takes?
Can I request info on behalf of my brother or he has to request? Which one sounds better?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@SuperCitizen

You can request for GCMS Notes on behalf of your brother.... it costs CAD 5, takes about 30 days (4-5 weeks).... this is the fastest/least expensive way to access it compared to various websites (in case your brother would like to access it on his own)

The link is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

GCMS Notes has lots of details/checks done by the visa office, etc..... the key information one needs to see is at the end in the 'Text' part of Notes where the visa officer makes his/her observations

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Thanks Bryanna for selfless act of people like you. Hates off! I have seen you are everywhere answering questions for many like me.

I will request GCMS right away and update the list of doc my brother has submitted alongwith his application.

On a side note, while applying online, once Visa office ask for submission of passport is it meant Visa is approved.

May be will try this for my brother for next time atleast after six months.

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@SuperCitizen

There were times when I struggled for various visa-related information (and except for getting ripped off by immigration consultants, I didn't know where to find information).... hence, the reason why I am happy to help to someone if I can :)

Yes, in most online application cases if passport requests are received then it's most likely the visa will be granted.

Do make a strong case the next time you re-apply for your brother.... if he can visit other countries in the meanwhile for short duration... like Europe/Australia - if you have relatives there.... then this may help for his Canada TRV

Don't lose hope

Cheers :)

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Hi Bryanna

The doc he has submitted alongwith applications are:
Applicant's
1. Application package, with photos, fees
2. Employment letter that he is emplyed since 20 years
3. Leave sanction letter for one month
4. Bank statements (for both) showing funds around 6-7 lacs
5. I-tax return (for both) for three years
6. Travel itinerary(Air ticket) - Not confirmed one
7. School banafied certi. of daughter
8. Wife's leave letter for same duration
9. Property tax bill, electricity bills, driving license, PAN card

Sponsor's
1. Notarized sponsor letter
2. NOA for 2 years
3. Bank statement with good balance
4. Emplyment letter
5. Payslips for 4months

for curiosity I checked the rejection letter and found that there is no signature of visa officer this time. can we argue/challenge based on that. Tried to paste screen shot using insert image option but could not do that. Not sure how to add screen shot or image on post.

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ SuperCitizen

I think your brother could have been granted a TRV this time.... based on your list, some supporting documents were not submitted

I think your brother and his wife should also have submitted the documents listed below (if applicable to them)
Employment (for your brother and his wife):
Salary slips for the last 6 months + document stating their role/responsibilities

Itinerary:
Day-by-day plans for the visit + expense estimates to fund the itinerary (not just to meet you/your family)

For their school-going daughter:
Payment of fees for the next academic year + examination results/admission proof for current academic year + school summer holidays hence the visit now

Property:
Property Sale Deed (translated, if required) + evaluation of property by a CA and backed by proofs of current market value + if it is loan/mortgage-free or mortgage nearly paid off then this must be mentioned + if the property is in residential apartment society then Society membership share certificates + any recent AGM attendance/or if he/she is a member of the Managing Committee

If the property is jointly owned by your brother and his wife then state their ownership share (if it's not mentioned in the Sale Deed)

Ownership of any other property (even if it's family owned or ancestral property)

Vehicle
Ownership documents + again if no loan then mention it

They could also have provided:
Family Ties (dependent family members.... or if they are staying in a joint family.... and also their extended families)

Financial Investments (FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares, jewelry, EPF, PPF, LIC, etc etc) + Credit Cards + Cash-in-hand

Must Return by XX Date: Daughter's school re-opening + employment (project/work/appraisal, etc)

Cheers

ishrish

May 21, 2015
Bryanna said:
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this..... it did look like he had a good chance this time.

Did your sister-in-law and niece also get rejected? Or is it only your brother?

I'm guessing all the reasons for refusal are linked to only one issue: Your brother stayed for 5 months on his previous visit.... CIC possibly believes that your brother does not have strong ties to return to India.

On his first visit, he should have returned to India within the original 2 months +/_ a few days as stated in his visa application.... he stayed for 5 months which indicates his India ties (family/employment/property/financial) are not strong.

One should not misunderstand that an entry stamp/authorization to remain for 6 months allows one to stretch a visit to the 6 months limit. One can stay for the entire 6 months..... but it may affect subsequent visits/visa applications.

You can re-apply anytime.... I would, however, suggest that you obtain GCMS Notes to fully understand the reasons for the two successive refusals.... before you re-apply

You may want to post the detailed list of documents/evidence that he submitted so we can help you in the meantime
ishrish said:
Hi Bryanna,

I applied for the visa into Bangalore VFS through my husbands company first ,worst thing happened was we packed ,i left my job and applied visa in whose cover letter my husband wrote on my behalf saying that I am leaving my job to accompany my husband :eek: :eek: :eek:
We waited applied visa on 19th march and the visa arrived on 21st April and rejected stating due to my family ties and employement condition and financial situation.
before the visa arrived my husband postponed the date for his travel coz of me twice which was 10th April ,the visa counsellate called him for an interview stating to discuss about your spouse visa .
My husband already had a visa until his passport gets expired ,they discussed it with him only and i was not called ,and then they reduced his visa to two months :'( :'( :'( :'(, yet he had to leave as he was going on official purpose and I was left alone here without any job and husband :'( :'( :'(.
after that ,I first got my passport updated and changed with my husbands name on it and then on 14th April have submitted the application again with more of additional documents like-

Our property details
my policy
his bank statement
my bank statement
my itineary for going to my inlaws house once I am back which I have updated in the cover letter
my itineary for going to Cananda which also shows the amount I paid for the tickets
ITR and form 16 with the reason letter why these documents were not submitted last time
my reason stating that I am going to celebrate my birthday .

In the Cover letter I have updated a lot many times about my intention to come back .

Now everyday I open with a pray for the VFS site to say its dispatched and I can see my husband :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.............

Hope I get it please

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ishrish

Did your husband apply for a TRV? What is his current situation vis-a-vis the visa validity being reduced to 2 months?

In hindsight, you should not have resigned from your job because that is a "strong tie" to prove you will return to India.... not to worry, property ownership is also a strong tie

ishrish

May 21, 2015
Bryanna said:
@ ishrish

Did your husband apply for a TRV? What is his current situation vis-a-vis the visa validity being reduced to 2 months?

In hindsight, you should not have resigned from your job because that is a "strong tie" to prove you will return to India.... not to worry, property ownership is also a strong tie

Hi Bryanna,

My husband got his business visa done from his company side ,it was a hasty decision and there was no one to help us on not creating this blunder :( however I am getting a lill worried coz i have booked the tickets twice previously but have not sent it to the visa office people ,yet this time i have booked the tickets and sent it along with my application ,also i have sent them the tickets of the plans we have at the end of june to visit my inlaws .........i am daily checking the website for any update but none ,yet from next week we have decided to follow up with them on mails ............and let them know in advance that I have to travel on 4th June .
can you advice how should I follow up with them,please help me with the cover letter.

Will that be ok can you advice ??

ishrish

May 21, 2015
Re: Processing time Bangalore -Visa rejected and awaiting getting depressed

ishrish said:
Hi Bryanna,

My husband got his business visa done from his company side ,it was a hasty decision and there was no one to help us on not creating this blunder :( however I am getting a lill worried coz i have booked the tickets twice previously but have not sent it to the visa office people ,yet this time i have booked the tickets and sent it along with my application ,also i have sent them the tickets of the plans we have at the end of june to visit my inlaws .........i am daily checking the website for any update but none ,yet from next week we have decided to follow up with them on mails ............and let them know in advance that I have to travel on 4th June .
can you advice how should I follow up with them,please help me with the cover letter.

Will that be ok can you advice ??

Hi Bryanna ,

Please reply ??? ??? ??? ???

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ishrish

Hi,

As the your visa application processing has exceeded normal processing time.... please send a Case Specific Enquiry to the Bangalore visa office

The link is:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=bangalore

This is an online form (and a cover letter is not required).... you can mention about your confirmed tickets for June 4.... and request the visa office to let you know if they require any additional documents or information to make a decision

Do keep us posted

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Bryanna said:
@ ishrish

Hi,

As the your visa application processing has exceeded normal processing time.... please send a Case Specific Enquiry to the Bangalore visa office

The link is:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=bangalore

This is an online form (and a cover letter is not required).... you can mention about your confirmed tickets for June 4.... and request the visa office to let you know if they require any additional documents or information to make a decision

Do keep us posted

ishrish I would also like to add that unfortunately having a ticket will not make them process it quickly. Is your tickets refundable?

ishrish

May 21, 2015
Bryanna said:
@ ishrish

Hi,

Do keep us posted

Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for the reply ,yet I had submitted my application on 14th May and I blv it will take 10 days to process my application ,just wanted to know if I follow up with them before 10 days will that effect my application .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ishrish

Guess you made a typo: Your first post said you reapplied on April 14th.... instead of May 14th

It's only 8 business days since you applied.... you may want to hold off sending the Case Specific Enquiry until you cross the processing time stated by CIC for the Bangalore Visa Office.... which is currently 14 business days (it will vary from case to case)

I would also re-book my flight tickets to a date well beyond mid-June.... or postpone the visit until a TRV is issued