+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time Bangalore - 2 weeks and still waiting

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Hello experts,

I read this blog and thought to share our case.
My brother has applied with family(Wife &Daughter) at VFS Ahmedabad. Just want to know the chances of TRV getting approved.

Casefacts:
Applied in Apr2013 with family - Approved for single entry, Only him arrived and statyed for 5months.
Applied in Mar2014 with family - Rejected. Reason of rejection : Funds, Purpose of visit, travel history
Applied again on May08, 2015 with family, Current status: Application in process at Bangalore.

I am canadian citizen and have good job since 5 years, showed good balance, Notice of Assessment, T4's of last three years, paystubs. In sponsor letter also mentioned that will take care of all of their expensed including travel and make sure they return before expiry of their visa.

My borther has also attached all his required docs, income tax return, bank statement with more balance than last time, leave letter of him and his wife, school bonafied of daughter, and other doc showing ties to India.

What are the chances that they get approval after rejection last time?

thanks in advance...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
SuperCitizen said:
What are the chances that they get approval after rejection last time?
If your brother/his family have given solid evidence to prove their ties to India (employment/business/property ownership/family/financial/return to school, etc) then their chances are good.

If they have indicated that they wish to visit for long duration like 5 months (which your brother did on his first visit).... then this might prove to be detrimental to showing "strong ties"..... because no one (except maybe elderly parents/relatives) can visit for so long if they have employment/school going kids, etc

Hope for the best

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Thanks Bryanna,
Duration asked is for one month which is same in sponsor letter and their leave letter. The purpose is visit. Leisure.

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
pandyalakulish said:
TRV timeline for parents.

Applied online : 17th March 2015
Passport request: 1st April 2015
Passport submitted to VFS Ahmedabad: 2nd April

VFS update: Passport is being process at Bangalore VFS. Waiting for passport return back.

[Hi Pandyalakulish

Did you get decision on application?]

Skl123

May 18, 2015
Hi i have applied for myself and for my daughter TRV in bangalore visa office on may 15th
So want to know the processing time for the visa i need to travel to srilanka on may 27 th will it be possible to get the visa before that

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Hi Bryanna

We have got status update today.

"We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 19 May 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre."

What should we understand from this? Is there any indication that it is approved or rejected?

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ SuperCitizen

There's no way of knowing (for paper applications) until they get their passports.... did they pay for the passports to be couriered to their residence? Or do they have to collect them from VFS A'bad?

All the best

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Hi Bryanna

No, we did not pay for courier. Will know tomorrow as it is now ready for pick-up at VFS.
Fingers crossed.

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please do not guess a visa approval/refusal based on the number of days to process the application :)

@SuperCitizen
Hope for the best.... fingers crossed

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

It got rejected with three reasons.

1. Travel History
2. Purpose of visit
3. Your family ties in canada and in your contry of residence.

Just want to know the meaning of reason.

1. Travel history - Have seen for others when they apply first time and got rejected for same reason. My understanding is one who never travel outside their country. In my brohter's case I cound not get it. He got Canada TRV when applied first time, but yes on application we asked for 2months & he statyed for 5 months which is still less than authorized stay.

2. Purpose of visit - this is tricky...We mentioned it to visit us, leisure, join us in ritual of our new home. Does Visit vs Tourism has any difference?

3. Your family ties in canada and in your contry of residence. - This he did not get last time rejection in 2014. I could not understand this as nothing is changed for him or me since last application. He and his wife still working at same place, own house etc...I am also at same job, own house in canada etc...

When can he apply again and what should we add to application to remove the doubt from all these three reason's from Visa officer's mind?

thanks in advance...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this..... it did look like he had a good chance this time.

Did your sister-in-law and niece also get rejected? Or is it only your brother?

I'm guessing all the reasons for refusal are linked to only one issue: Your brother stayed for 5 months on his previous visit.... CIC possibly believes that your brother does not have strong ties to return to India.

On his first visit, he should have returned to India within the original 2 months +/_ a few days as stated in his visa application.... he stayed for 5 months which indicates his India ties (family/employment/property/financial) are not strong.

One should not misunderstand that an entry stamp/authorization to remain for 6 months allows one to stretch a visit to the 6 months limit. One can stay for the entire 6 months..... but it may affect subsequent visits/visa applications.

You can re-apply anytime.... I would, however, suggest that you obtain GCMS Notes to fully understand the reasons for the two successive refusals.... before you re-apply

You may want to post the detailed list of documents/evidence that he submitted so we can help you in the meantime

ishrish

May 21, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

I applied for the visa into Bangalore VFS through my husbands company first ,worst thing happened was we packed ,i left my job and applied visa in whose cover letter my husband wrote on my behalf saying that I am leaving my job to accompany my husband :eek: :eek: :eek:
We waited applied visa on 19th march and the visa arrived on 21st April and rejected stating due to my family ties and employement condition and financial situation.
before the visa arrived my husband postponed the date for his travel coz of me twice which was 10th April ,the visa counsellate called him for an interview stating to discuss about your spouse visa .
My husband already had a visa until his passport gets expired ,they discussed it with him only and i was not called ,and then they reduced his visa to two months :'( :'( :'( :'(, yet he had to leave as he was going on official purpose and I was left alone here without any job and husband :'( :'( :'(.
after that ,I first got my passport updated and changed with my husbands name on it and then on 14th April have submitted the application again with more of additional documents like-

Our property details
my policy
his bank statement
my bank statement
my itineary for going to my inlaws house once I am back which I have updated in the cover letter
my itineary for going to Cananda which also shows the amount I paid for the tickets
ITR and form 16 with the reason letter why these documents were not submitted last time
my reason stating that I am going to celebrate my birthday .

In the Cover letter I have updated a lot many times about my intention to come back .

Now everyday I open with a pray for the VFS site to say its dispatched and I can see my husband :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.............

Hope I get it please