+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time at New York City consulate

nh1682

Jul 18, 2012
Sorry folks for the late reply, I was terribly busy the last few days in Canada !!! Dont ask me, that was a loooong story. On July 20 at 10am, I got an email from them saying that my visa got approved and they wanted to send the package through regular mail. That was a Friday, and I needed to go to Canada by Sunday. I asked them whats the quickest way to get the package, and they replied at 11.15am that I had to come on a weekday between 1.00 - 2.30 pm. Otherwise I can send a representative. Since I live about 2.5hrs from the city, I faxed a representative's name and told my representative to go. My representative reached their office around 2.15 but they wouldnt let him in. He needed to show a document, and he tried to convince the officers that I dont have any document since I applied through regular mail. Their argument was long and when I heard all these, I forwarded him the email communication I exchanged with the visa office. But when he went to show them the email, it was 2.35pm and they told him to leave :(. So I decided to go on Monday, unsure whether they sent the email through regular email (although I emailed them on Friday night to hold my package). I entered at 1pm and they called me at 1.40pm to say that all my documents have been mailed already. I told them to double check, and when they wouldnt listen, I slid my iPhone through the hole under the glass window in the booth and showed them the email.
Note: At this moment, if they decided not to give me my iPhone back, they could have easily done it...
Then they decided to double check and found it all !! Apparently the system said that it was all mailed, but that was wrong. So thats the story of my Canada visa folks. Good luck with yours

skunn

Jul 19, 2012
nh1682,
Thanks for your updating your story. good to hear that you made to Canada :)

Updates on my status...

I emailed them on July 18 and I got a reply yesterday from consulate that my is application is finalized. So mst probably I should be recieving my passport back through my prepaid return mail. ;D

Nidz

Jul 30, 2012
skunn said:
nh1682,
Thanks for your updating your story. good to hear that you made to Canada :)

Updates on my status...

I emailed them on July 18 and I got a reply yesterday from consulate that my is application is finalized. So mst probably I should be recieving my passport back through my prepaid return mail. ;D
Nice happy for you. I mailed mine by priority on 9th July. I received my prepaid express envelope today only to find they have sent me some one elses passport and original documents. I plan to go to embassy tom and find a few details. I just hope they hvnt misplaced my passport. At this point of time, I dnt even care about the visa. I just want my passport back :(

Prayers for me pls!!1

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
Nidz said:
Nice happy for you. I mailed mine by priority on 9th July. I received my prepaid express envelope today only to find they have sent me some one elses passport and original documents. I plan to go to embassy tom and find a few details. I just hope they hvnt misplaced my passport. At this point of time, I dnt even care about the visa. I just want my passport back :(

Prayers for me pls!!1
Hi,

I'm just curious about the passport that the embassy sent you, may I ask if you don't mind what is the name on the passport? My husband and I also submitted our applications to NYC 2nd week of July, hopefully it's not ours.

Are you applying for TWP or just TRV?

Thanks! Your response is highly appreciated :)

Nidz

Jul 30, 2012
Buleg said:
Hi,

I'm just curious about the passport that the embassy sent you, may I ask if you don't mind what is the name on the passport? My husband and I also submitted our applications to NYC 2nd week of July, hopefully it's not ours.

Thanks! :)
If you are a girl living in Boston and of chinese descent and gng to Northeastern university then its yours, or else not ;) I tried to contact the girl through the information on her I20 by calling the international student advisor of their university hoping she might have received my passport but she hasnt. Keeping my fingers crossed and my faith in god strong :)

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Nidz said:
If you are a girl living in Boston and of chinese descent and gng to Northeastern university then its yours, or else not ;) I tried to contact the girl through the information on her I20 by calling the international student advisor of their university hoping she might have received my passport but she hasnt. Keeping my fingers crossed and my faith in god strong :)
Hi,

Thanks God it's not mine...thanks for your info! highly appreciated.

Hopefully you'll find your passport soon :)

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
Buleg said:
Hi,

Thanks God it's not mine...thanks for your info! highly appreciated.

Hopefully you'll find your passport soon :)

Hi there,

I am also in the similar situation.I sent my application for TRV for Canada on the 13th Of July 2012 to the NY Consulate.I havent heard anything from them.I have sent a prepaid priority envelope for them to send all the documents back.I haven't sent them any emails yet,but i am getting nervous about the passport.

How many days did it take for some of you who applied to the NY consulate?
Will going personally to the consulate now be of any help in getting the visa stamped faster?
IF i now go there in person(while i have already sent the docs through mail),what other documents while i need to take along?
Will they consider people who have already sent their docs by mail and then go personally for following the application?
Any phone numbers to the consulate where you can get the status of the application?

Kindly advise me.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
ab2186 said:
Hi there,

I am also in the similar situation.I sent my application for TRV for Canada on the 13th Of July 2012 to the NY Consulate.I havent heard anything from them.I have sent a prepaid priority envelope for them to send all the documents back.I haven't sent them any emails yet,but i am getting nervous about the passport.

How many days did it take for some of you who applied to the NY consulate?
Will going personally to the consulate now be of any help in getting the visa stamped faster?
IF i now go there in person(while i have already sent the docs through mail),what other documents while i need to take along?
Will they consider people who have already sent their docs by mail and then go personally for following the application?
Any phone numbers to the consulate where you can get the status of the application?

Kindly advise me.
Hi,

Are you applying just TRV or work permit? We have same timeline. The embassy received my applications July 13, i'm applying for TWP. I guess you can email them to inquire about the status of your applications but if you can go there personally why not? Try your luck like nh1682, he got his visa when he went to embassy.

Keep me posted. Good luck :)

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
Buleg said:
Hi,

Are you applying just TRV or work permit? We have same timeline. The embassy received my applications July 13, i'm applying for TWP. I guess you can email them to inquire about the status of your applications but if you can go there personally why not? Try your luck like nh1682, he got his visa when he went to embassy.

Keep me posted. Good luck :)
I am applying for my TRV.I did email them this morning,but i got an auto generated reply from them.
Did you email them Buleg?Any good response from them?...do you think i should wait a little more..like a week?

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
ab2186 said:
I am applying for my TRV.I did email them this morning,but i got an auto generated reply from them.
Did you email them Buleg?Any good response from them?...do you think i should wait a little more..like a week?
Hi,

Which email add did you use? You can send them Case Specific Enquiry thru this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

I might email them end of August I guess coz TWP processing time is 2months based on their website. But I read on the other thread TWP took them 34 working days. You can try to send an enquiry since you're applying for TRV.

Are you planning to go to the embassy? :)

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
ab2186 said:
I sent an email to the address mentioned on their website which is newyork-im-enquiry-international.gc.ca.
Might go to the embassy if i dont get the passport in the next one week

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
ab2186 said:
I sent an email to the address mentioned on their website which is newyork-im-enquiry-international.gc.ca.
Might go to the embassy if i dont get the passport in the next one week
Hi,

You used the embassy's General Enquiry that's why you received generic response. Try to email them using Case Specific Enquiry and make a brief explanation about your situation. Do you have an urgent situation that you might be needing your passport back? Well you can tell them your situation.

Hopefully we'll have positive result this week. Good luck to us both :)

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
Buleg said:
Hi,

You used the embassy's General Enquiry that's why you received generic response. Try to email them using Case Specific Enquiry and make a brief explanation about your situation. Do you have an urgent situation that you might be needing your passport back? Well you can tell them your situation.

Hopefully we'll have positive result this week. Good luck to us both :)
Yeah..i just sent a case specific enquiry with all my details.Put in additional details like the Passport details etc.Told them that i would like to know the status of my application as its been more than a month.Hopefully i get some feedback from them,the earliest...yeah..good luck to both of us...:)..
I'll keep you posted on this thred..keep checking this i would say...

Thanks for the link btw..:)

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
ab2186 said:
Yeah..i just sent a case specific enquiry with all my details.Put in additional details like the Passport details etc.Told them that i would like to know the status of my application as its been more than a month.Hopefully i get some feedback from them,the earliest...yeah..good luck to both of us...:)..
I'll keep you posted on this thred..keep checking this i would say...

Thanks for the link btw..:)
Hi,

I have an email today from CHC-NYC about US address. They can't mail my passport and my husband's passport back since we live in Turks Islands so I provided an address of my bestfriend from NJ. I hope I get it this week. I'll let you know.

Do you have an update about your applications? :)