+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time after test.

mjwa

Dec 12, 2017
Hello,
Cleared the test on Oct 28 and the next day we were requested to provide supplementary documents for lease / mortgage, ROE's, pay stubs and kids report cards, all was submitted same week and still waiting?
Is this common to ask for such after the test ?
Is it a random audit that they do ?
Does it take long usually ?
any one with previous experience could please shed some light ? Thx

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,
Cleared the test on Oct 28 and the next day we were requested to provide supplementary documents for lease / mortgage, ROE's, pay stubs and kids report cards, all was submitted same week and still waiting?
Sounds like you got RQ "lite". RQ -> Residence Questionnaire

It's not common, yet it's not un-common either.

If it's given during the interview that means IRCC wants to make sure you were in Canada for the days you claimed to be (likely not a random audit). This makes your application non-routine. There is no defined timeline for non-routine applications. However, RQ lite is generally processed faster than full blown RQ. I read on this forum that, it took a few weeks longer than routine applications in some of the cases. Of course this would depend from case to case.

All you can do is provide as much proof as you can, and sit tight till you hear back.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjwa

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hello,
Whats is you visa office ?

How was your interview ? Did they raise any concerns ? What was aksed in the interview ?I agree with razorblade its a lite RQ and its only issued when they have some concerns about your application. You can also order ATIP notes to see what exactly they are concerned about. Here is the link to order these notes

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

mjwa

Dec 12, 2017
Thank you for your notes and for the link you provided.
That was Edmonton office, they never raised any concern in the interview only normal questions about where we both worked and what was our experience living in the north as i work in the territories and travel there frequently.
my wife and i are professionals who started to work 2 months after arrival and i was always thinking we are a straight forward case.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Thank you for your notes and for the link you provided.
That was Edmonton office, they never raised any concern in the interview only normal questions about where we both worked and what was our experience living in the north as i work in the territories and travel there frequently.
my wife and i are professionals who started to work 2 months after arrival and i was always thinking we are a straight forward case.
quite surprising then...good luck any way

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
let me add one thing ,, there is no guarantee that your application went non-routine ,, hoping that your file will be processed in normal frame time

mjwa

Dec 12, 2017
let me add one thing ,, there is no guarantee that your application went non-routine ,, hoping that your file will be processed in normal frame time
Thank you ..just to close the loop for people with same experience, my status was changed end of last month (9 months after the application) to (decision made) .. they called the schools where my kids attended and confirmed reports, not sure if they called any where else, work, ...etc . they sent me a letter to appear for the ceremony (email and ecase) ..

Now, we have 2 business days before the ceremony date (April 3 , 2018 Edmonton) and the mail is not here yet, calling CIC with no luck so far, i read in the comments for people with same experience, they appear little early and get paper work done at the ceremony !?

Are we supposed to do anything else ? will now soon i guess and will update the thread.

thx again and appreciate the help this forum is providing

Reactions: vasvas

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Thank you ..just to close the loop for people with same experience, my status was changed end of last month (9 months after the application) to (decision made) .. they called the schools where my kids attended and confirmed reports, not sure if they called any where else, work, ...etc . they sent me a letter to appear for the ceremony (email and ecase) ..

Now, we have 2 business days before the ceremony date (April 3 , 2018 Edmonton) and the mail is not here yet, calling CIC with no luck so far, i read in the comments for people with same experience, they appear little early and get paper work done at the ceremony !?

Are we supposed to do anything else ? will now soon i guess and will update the thread.

I don't know if I'm missing an aspect of your story, but how do you know you are in that ceremony?

Dawn2202

Dec 22, 2017

Isn't there a PDF attached to the email that includes the invitation and paperwork required?

mjwa

Dec 12, 2017
I don't know if I'm missing an aspect of your story, but how do you know you are in that ceremony?
they emailed that, they also updated the site :

1. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 3, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Some IRCC offices email oath invites, some send via snail mail.

Reactions: mjwa

mjwa

Dec 12, 2017
Not necessarily. Many people, myself included, have only received the email correspondence.
My wife got the email for herself and for the kids, i did not. for some reason i never got any email throughout the entire process. i check my status online and respond to requirements coming through regular mail, that's why i am little puzzled